RekordBox Dj Software! - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

I'd say that NI will end up pushing a Z4/Z6 with Pioneer probably relegating its upcoming mixers to be Rekordbox DJ-exclusive. It's going to be an interesting game of chess, product development-wise, between NI, Pioneer, et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Notanon View Post
    I'd say that NI will end up pushing a Z4/Z6 with Pioneer probably relegating its upcoming mixers to be Rekordbox DJ-exclusive. It's going to be an interesting game of chess, product development-wise, between NI, Pioneer, et al.
    I honestly don't see NI trying to go head to head against pioneer. The future of the DJ market is not going to be over who will be the club standard and more toward personal preference. You will see each hardware company developing its own feature sets. Each person will be able to choose what feels best for them.

In the end, the companies who will remain on top will be the companies with the best warranty. Any person in business will tell you that the company with the best warranty is the company that never has to use it. IN a nut shell:
    Sturdy Products that last and can take abuse will remain while others fall off.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Serato and NI are screwed. I feel like Rekordbox is my new girlfriend. Same reason I dumped my last 2 girlfriends. Serato for being boring and a Traktor for not listening.

PLayed around with it on lunch today (software only) and it is so much faster, more responsive, sounds better, runs cleaner,a nd feels more comfortable than serato and traktor ever have. Holy shit Pioneer. When this thing has DVS capability and midi mapability IM gonna cum my pants.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    PLayed around with it on lunch today (software only) and it is so much faster, more responsive, sounds better, runs cleaner,a nd feels more comfortable than serato and traktor ever have. Holy shit Pioneer. When this thing has DVS capability and midi mapability IM gonna cum my pants.
    How do you know it sounds better?

How can it be so much faster? My traktor does every single task at the speed of light. Maybe it will take about 3 seconds to analyse a track, does Rekordbox takes miliseconds?

I'm feeling a little bit like wtf. I was honestly thinking this software would be very meh in therms of computational quality, performance and stability.

sht, I'll give a try lol
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

lol. Your system specs must be fantastic. Traktor takes about 6-7 seconds to analyze on my elitebook. Rekordbox took a little bit more than 1. Also, playing waveform loads instantly. Cue points are previewed on the waveform in the browser. ran it on my focusrite 2i2 with ultrason hifi 2400's and at home on my sx2 with mackie 10' monitors, and mackie mr5's. Sounds way cleaner, has more headroom, and the sound feels warmer.

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    I honestly don't see NI trying to go head to head against pioneer. The future of the DJ market is not going to be over who will be the club standard and more toward personal preference. You will see each hardware company developing its own feature sets. Each person will be able to choose what feels best for them.

In the end, the companies who will remain on top will be the companies with the best warranty. Any person in business will tell you that the company with the best warranty is the company that never has to use it. IN a nut shell:
    Sturdy Products that last and can take abuse will remain while others fall off.
    I think NI will probably start moving towards a part live/part DJ performance market, particularly if the remix decks get another shot in the arm from something like a Maschine Deck mode or something similar once Stems is firmly established. Pioneer will still have a stranglehold on the club CDJ and mixer market for a while.
    Last edited by Notanon; 10-08-2015 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notanon View Post
    I think NI will probably start moving towards a part live/part DJ performance market, particularly if the remix decks get another shot in the arm from something like a Maschine Deck mode or something similar once Stems is firmly established. Pioneer will still have a stranglehold on the club CDJ and mixer market for a while.
    I would love to see tighter Maschine and traktor integration. This plus split screen support would be amazing.

I can definitely see pioneer holding the club mixer market, but honestly CDJ's and standlone media players are soon to be ancient technology. Developers on both the pioneer and NI end are falling behind in the current technology trend. Soon, laptops will be no more. It will be all tablets and cell phones. NI and Pioneer both need to step up and create versions of their DJ software that will run on Android OS and iOS the same way they run on a laptop.

Tech Mentor

Has anyone tried it with a Pioneer DDJ-SR yet? Was thinking of picking one of these up instead of shelling out the big bucks for the RX/RZ

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Vote here if you guys want a separate place to discuss it

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast