[Techno] Chael - Isolation Mix Series - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Just discovered this mix series, I've had a listen through the latest one and will be checking out the rest when things quieten down a bit at work today. You've got a new mixcloud follow from me.
    MBP 13 2012 | 2x NI Kontrol X1 Mk2 | NI Kontrol F1 | NI Audio 2 | Behringer CMD MM-1 | Sennheiser HD25 Mk2

Thanks for listening Rob, I hope you enjoy the other episodes, I have been listening to your techno sessions on the way into work this morning, I will check out the other half on my way home and let you know what I think

Still working my way through yours at the moment. What gear do you use to mix on?
    MBP 13 2012 | 2x NI Kontrol X1 Mk2 | NI Kontrol F1 | NI Audio 2 | Behringer CMD MM-1 | Sennheiser HD25 Mk2

Quote Originally Posted by r08zy View Post
    Still working my way through yours at the moment. What gear do you use to mix on?
    I have recently invested some cash into my set up and gone through an overhaul. All episodes except for the recent one have been done in traktor with an APC40 and DJM600, I never enjoyed using sync so the APC mapping I set up was a little on the clunky side for manual control. I have recently bought a pair of d2's as I have always believed it is better to go native to the software you are using, im enjoying using them, the touchstrip gives me the control I want and having never used the X1 I find it very intuitive. My audio 10 with timecode got delivered earlier this week (upgraded from the ESI maya 44) so the next episode should be sounding a lot clearer. Current full set up for DJing is 2x 1210mk2's, DJM600, 2x D2s and the audio 10. I have the APC40, an MPD24 and an LPK25 (Im a sucker for Akai gear) but I doubt I will incorporate these back into my DJ set up unless I want to get into a hybrid traktor / ableton set up, I may give it a try one day - it sounds like fun, if was to do it I would probably look at swapping out the APC40 for Push 2 (got to convince the mrs first!) but I think these will just sit on my production desk for now.

That's a nice list of kit. I used to use the ESI MAYA when I used timecode. Their soundcards for the money are actually pretty good, I use the audio 2 all the time at home now but keep the gigaport for situations where I need to use a proper mixer.

I'm really happy with the modular and minimal set up I've got a the moment, again I prefer to use NI stuff where I can... The X1s are awesome and the mrs is supposed to be getting me an F1 for my birthday in a few weeks. Once it shows up I'll be using 3 track decks and 1 remix deck to layer extra drums and percussion onto my mixes. Playing techno the last couple of months has really taught me a lot about using looping to build and layer tracks together.

Quote Originally Posted by r08zy View Post
    Playing techno the last couple of months has really taught me a lot about using looping to build and layer tracks together.
    That's where techno becomes a lot more fun than A-B mixing, I have used turntables for years, kinda skipped the CDJs as they have always been out of my price range. Im enjoying the audio 10 with timecode but still find myself using the D2s more. My latest episode will be up on tomorrow, going abit more synthy this time around

Day to night, light to dark, yin to yang. Thats the thinking behind this months episode. Im starting out with some nice funky tech house and then taking a sudden twist right into some darker techno. This mix becomes a little more melodic towards the end and carries more synthy tracks than i usually play. Check it out....

1: Mr Wox & Sosa Ibiza - Bumper (Dhyan Droik Remix)BULLY BEATZ
    2: Malaombra & Marc Throw - Magnetic Sound (Fharken & Apollo Fever Remix) AIRTAXI RECORDS
    3: Concha - Make It Noise (Original Mix) PATENT SKILLZ
    4: Alessandro Grops - Perimetral (Original Mix) REMAIN RECORDS
    5: The Southern - Female Groove (Original Mix) MASK RECORDS
    6: Alex Mine - Simultaneo (Original Mix) ELEVATE
    7: Manuel De La Mare & Stiv Hey - Pixies (Dani Sbert Remix) STICKRECORDINGS
    8: Mario Ochoa - Make You (Original Mix) 100% PURE
    9: Alan Hash - Lander (Victor Del Moral Remix) HASH RECORDS
    10: Dave Wincent & Giuseppe Rizzato - Black Box (Original Mix) SUBTRACK RECORDS
    11: DurtysoxXx & Gino G (CA) - Pass The Heat (Nino Bua Remix) BLACK KAT
    12: Stanny Abram & Lex Loofah - Cats Don't Know (Alex Raider Remix) KALEYDO BEATS
    13: Giuseppe Rizzuto - Doppler (Original Mix) SONIKA MUSIC

I'am back taking you to some dark places with my latest episode and returning to bringing you an hour of my favourite tracks from the last month. Gaga has brought an amazing remix of Eric Sneo's Dualities to life with an insane percussive hook, Dave Rosen is doing the good thing with another great release from playoff and Alex Rouk has torn the roof off with the monumentally epic barracuda for some real hands in the air action.

Catch you next month
    Chael

1: Dani Sbert - Flight (Original Mix) SYNCHRONIC RECORDINGS
    2: Alex Mine - Your time (Original Mix) WAVEFORM RECORDINGS
    3: Dave Rosen - Going (Original Mix) PLAYOFF
    4: Mr. Bizz - Snapshot (Original Mix) TECH YOU VERY MUCH!
    5: Eric Sneo - Dualities (Gaga Remix) BLUECUBE RECORDS
    6: Rhyno - That Sound (Nino Bua Remix) DANCELAB RECORDINGS
    7: Alan Hash & Martin Kinrus - Bring It Down (Original Mix) RENESANZ
    8: JunkieKids - Morg (Original Mix) GROOVANT
    9: Alex Rouk - Barracuda (Original Mix) SONIKA MUSIC
    10: D-Deck - Agung (Original Mix) TRANSMIT RECORDINGS
    11: Steve Mulder - Syntax Error (Original Mix) 1605

I'm just having a listen to this one now whilst things are quiet at work this morning. More tracks like these in future please I've haven't heard most of these before and will be adding a few to my collection.

Cheers Rob, I'm glad you discovered some new music through my mix, for me thats what its all about

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast