The woes of travel!

Default The woes of travel!

So I arrive in Dallas on Saturday aftenrnoon and transfer to aero mexico for my final destination in juarez. My aeromexico flight forced me to check my gig case (SX, Cans, Mic inside). I arrive in juarez and no gig case. I go to the lost and found and apaprently it never left dallas. I thought okay, I have a couple thumb drive and my laptop whatever. Called united in dallas to have my luggage held for me there (since my connecitng flight back home is in Dallas again). They cant find my bag. Im heated. I go back to the lost and found, ask who he spoke to in dallas, got their extension and called. they tell me that ts at the lost and found at the dallas airport. I call the lost and found at dfw. They tell me they will hold it. Good right?
    No! I go to pick up my bag sunday night...... my bag had already been picked up! I had to fill out some claim paperworkand have my wife send me pictures of my receipts for my equipment.

Has anyone else had this happen? Should I hold my breath for compensation or should I just calll it a loss and tell every person I know to never fly united and aeromexico?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

United is easily the worst airline company to ever exist. That's a damn shame though. Hopefully you get something back in return.

Looks like I officially have a reason to buy my d2 setup. yay
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

that's such BS. wow.

That sucks man, but I'll counter that I've flown United gazillions of time and they're no better or worse than any other airline on average when it comes to lost luggage.

Any time I've had "lost luggage," I've always gotten it back - sometimes a few days later, but I still got it back.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Offf......its never happened to me but i make sure i dont rely too heavily on added gear that I need to haul around. Since 90% of clubs will have CDJs and either a Xone62/92 or DJM900 - then i will be OK. Even if my laptop fails. I just do an exact duplicate of my set on thumbs. That said, i carry my F1 which easily fits into my handbag.

On compensation, airlines will never give back more than 10-20% off the market value (NOT receipt). Local laws and regulations vary. Good luck mate and hope your gear wasnt that all expensive.
    Marc
    PODGasim Media
    www.podgasim.com

** Online on Twitter, Soundcloud, Mixcloud **

They're covering 20% of whatever I have receipts for. I'm about to have some crazy receipts.