Wirelss Mic Purchasing, need advice.

Default Wirelss Mic Purchasing, need advice.

i've been fighting the need for wireless mics for years now, but after clients keep requesting it, maybe it's time.

But not knowing much about them, I need some help. I want to spend as little as i have to. I noticed some have "fixed channels" and some you can change the channel on. The fixed ones are way cheaper, because I guess you get what you get.

what are the pros and cons of fixed vs. changeable. Do i really need to be able to change channels inside a venue?

and any other advice would be much help. it will be used for weddings/corporate events, that kind of stuff.

thanks

I have an AKG wireless mic that I picked up about a year ago for about £125 (was on offer, usually £175). It has 4 channels on it, but I don't think I've ever changed the channel. That's not to say I won't need to in the future though, I might go to a venue where there is massive interference on the channel I currently use, and then I'll be glad I bought one with 4 channels!

If you scan around the internet, a lot of people say that it's not worth spending less than £150 ish on a wireless mic, as anything less than that is gonna be rubbish, and I would agree. I picked up a cheap £70 one ages ago, and although it worked it was very prone to interference/dropouts, and after getting my AKG I realised just how bad the sound quality through the old mic was!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Great info man! Thanks, that's what I was looking for!

No problem!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud