Ableton and Windows 10 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Takes a bit to get used to but starting to enjoy it. Highly suggest a hard install though. Gets a bit screwy trying to wake it up when it sleeps or hibernates or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by daviedavedave View Post
    Just wanted to see if anybody has any more feedback on this? It's a 'limited time only' free upgrade and I don't want to miss out...
    I still didn't upgrade either

Not sure I want to

I've worked in IT for over twenty years. In that time, I've come to the conclusion - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (or upgrade it) There have been all kinds of issues from audio production people who have upgraded test machines - most of which now have been resolved or workarounds discovered. But I'm still not willing to risk it. 8.1 seems to be working fine on my current audio production computer, so I'm going to keep it on 8.1.

There's a huge, monster thread on the upgrade and issues over at gearslutz. I can't be bothered to read it all since 8.1 is rock solid with everything I have.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Yeah I lack the gumption to sit there and unpick the mess it would create if it went wrong.

Thanks for the advice.

Tech Wizard

I know this thread is old but I've been running ableton on windows 10 for a couple months now, everything is 100% perfect with the new update.

I have upgraded to 10 now. Been running it for a couple of weeks. No problems here with Live either.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I think a lot depends on plugins and driver support of the hardware you have.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

I still haven't downloaded 9.5... my connection keeps dropping halfway through and I never bother using a download manager. Is it worth the hassle?

Quote Originally Posted by daviedavedave View Post
    I still haven't downloaded 9.5... my connection keeps dropping halfway through and I never bother using a download manager. Is it worth the hassle?
    Dude 9.5 is amazing

Windows 10 is ok to sleep on... But not Live 9.5...

Yeah I just saw the change to Simpler.... sounds game-changing. Getting it now.
    SC - WS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast