Ableton and Windows 10
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ableton and Windows 10

Has anybody taken the plunge and gone to Windows 10 yet? Bit wary of upgrading without knowing whether it will break Ableton...
    SC - WS

There's a big, long thread over at gearslutz. Some people have upgraded and all went smooth, others, not so much. I'm not sure about Live in particular, but I personally have no desire to roll the dice yet. Once I get my new DAW machine, I may give it a go on my laptop...
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

My computer died like the week before Win10 went live. While I'm waiting to order the replacement (my wife said I can upgrade if I wait a bit instead of just replacing the mobo), I had been pondering going Win10, but its just never good with audio stuff to do that, they are slow to update drivers, who knows what additional lag is added due to changes in say security protocols (why I think my old Tascam US-428 went to hell over time).

so just wait. If you area Win7/8/8.1 user, you get a whole year before you lose the free update, I'd wait maybe 6 months and resurvey the landscape then.
    - Unreall

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    There's a big, long thread over at gearslutz. Some people have upgraded and all went smooth, others, not so much. I'm not sure about Live in particular, but I personally have no desire to roll the dice yet. Once I get my new DAW machine, I may give it a go on my laptop...
    Thanks, I'll go and check out GS.

I'm erring towards not rolling the dice as well...
    SC - WS

I am also waiting this one out for a bit

Tech Mentor

No problems with win10 on two maschines so far.

mine runs smooth, no problems with audio or with any of my controllers (and I have few)
    One feeds the pocket, the other feeds the soul "DJ Mpire"

I run it on a Microsoft surface with Windows 10. Works fine.

http://www.soundcloud.com/Synchronix

Tech Wizard

Likewise, I'm running a Tascam US224, APC 40, and Korg Nano Kontrol on my laptop and desktop with Win 10 and Ableton and it's going smoothly enough so far. Laptop is a Gateway W/T6600 2.2ghz and 4 gigs ram, desktop is an i3 3.2ghz and 8 gigs ram

Just wanted to see if anybody has any more feedback on this? It's a 'limited time only' free upgrade and I don't want to miss out...
    SC - WS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast