Twister Stems VU Meters --> buffer underrunes

Default Twister Stems VU Meters --> buffer underrunes

Hi Guys,

I LOVE the Twister mapping for Stems. even prefer it of the F1 mapping. It's utterly awesome, except...
    These beautiful and useful VU Meters seem to mess up my performance when multiple stems are loaded.

I've been experimenting for days to get my system to perform well again, but no luck so far, even with USB buffer and buffer size on my traktor audio 2 turned way up (1024 & 4ms).

Different soundcards (traktor audio 2, reloop contour, Allen & heath xone K2) no effect, unhooking most other stuff, no effect, until i deleted the twister stems VU Meters mapping --> better. Now I can turn the buffer size back down to 512 and run 4 stems + 4 fx with no problems.

So:
    does anybody else experience this?
    Any ideas how we might be able to increase performance while using the VU meters (they are really useful!)
    Traktor Pro 2.6.8, Ableton Live 9, Allen & Heath Xone:K2, Traktor Kontrol F1, Reloop Contour Interface Edition, Traktor Audio 2, Midi Fighter Twister Asus N56VZ 15" Core i7 rd gen laptop on Windows 10.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Hey Deksel

Try following this optimisation guide from NI, it will help you get your computer in top shape and it should help improve the performance to use this mapping fully along with it's VU meters. It does sound like some sort of bottle neck is created when you run multiple stems. I added the VU meter functionality to that mapping on my old Core 2 Duo mac so there shouldn't be a reason for you to miss it once you optimise your PC =)

Btw, does this still happen if you connect Twister directly to your computer? If you are using a USB hub to connect it you'd need a powered one to make sure it has enough juice to get the LEDs dancing.

Hey Padi,

thanks!
    Will walkthrough the optimization guide again. Last time was 2 years ago, and I fear I've let convenience get in the way of DJ optimizing my laptop. I'm actually hoping to use the Windows 10 upgrade to get a clean workstation again, so best to wait a few weeks probably for some more insights in how wel windows 10 is actually working.

I do have the twister (and my soundcard) directly plugged into the laptop by the way.

One thing I am not sure about: I know having lots of mappings slows down the settings menu. Does anyone know if it also slows down the entire perfromance of Traktor. I've got the 2.1 version of Tekkens instant grat mapping with 7 tsi's, along with 4 for the twister, 4 for my reloop, 1 for the K2, 1 (empty tsi) for the F1, 1 for the keyboard mapping....
    Traktor Pro 2.6.8, Ableton Live 9, Allen & Heath Xone:K2, Traktor Kontrol F1, Reloop Contour Interface Edition, Traktor Audio 2, Midi Fighter Twister Asus N56VZ 15" Core i7 rd gen laptop on Windows 10.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Having a multiple mappings installed indeed slows down the preferences menu but should not affect the performance - my MF 3D sequencer runs just fine on my i5 even though it's made of 15 devices!

You should try refreshing the Traktor Settings.tsi file

Documents/Native Instruments/Traktor/Traktor Settings.tsi

Simply delete ths file and start up Traktor. You will be asked to complete the vizard again (just like you have installed Traktoe again)
    That file can become corrupted over time and that results in all kind of issues such as audio drops and CPU overusage.

Hope this helps

One of the reasons I have donned the VU meter option from my mapping. Found it a bit too much...(It demanded too much attention for me to focus properly, maar goed... wie ben ik dan ook. )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Haha, I can imagine if you sport those dance moves at gigs...