Dubstep & Hip-Hop.
    Tech Guru

Default Dubstep & Hip-Hop.

Over the past 2 years people have caught into the compatibility of Dubstep as a club sound and its worked its way into the public consciousness & had a sharp rise in popularity.

Over the past 6 months people have caught on to its 'links' and compatability with Hip-Hop AND the potential for jumping on the band wagon due to Dubsteps popularity spike. We have seen the likes of Snoop , Xzibit & now Wu-Tang Clan release Dubstep collaborations with (currently) UK Dubstep producers.

Snoop (IMO fucking terrible re-use of a classic dubstep tune by Chase & Status):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iOp-C1hQ8k

Xzibit (The U.N.I tune imo sucks, but the Plastician mix tape looks dope):
    http://dubstepped.net/index.php/tag/xzibit/

Wu-Tang Clan (This is what I'm talking about, some wicked origional tunes on here rather then just pinching & rapping over old dubstep, cant wait fot this):
    http://distribution.ihiphop.com/2009...r-the-dubstep/

My prediction for next year is that we see the public really catch onto this link and its potential for being a new popular club sound. Both as just dubstep+rap tunes being played in clubs as well as for the whole MC + Dubstep DJ thing (similar to Grime in the UK).

This leads me to the question... Is this a good thing ?

I Think yes, because it will bring dubstep even more into the limelight and boost sales etc, which is good for Dubstep DJ/Producers like myself.

I am also a big fan of the whole dubstep + Rap thing. I Already use quite a few rap/grime acapellas & tunes in my sets.

It could also potentially drown it to an extent. We see even more massive commercialization of the sound and people forget its roots etc leading people to believe that what they are seeing now is dubstep. (This already happens with Caspa/Rusko etc).

grime is the same tempo(140bpm) and sounds better but ts 1am here i have work all day tomorrow i will post a some thing more intelligent tomorrow, but check tempa t next hype on youtube!!

Rapstep ftw!
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Turntable eel View Post
    grime is the same tempo(140bpm) and sounds better but ts 1am here i have work all day tomorrow i will post a some thing more intelligent tomorrow, but check tempa t next hype on youtube!!
    Been thrashing next hype in sets for a while now. Big tune. Went off at Nero.

P-Moneys tunes (What Did he Say) and No Hats, No Hoods in general is pretty awesome.

hot damn seriously i cant wait to get my hands on this album