Help - DJing with real vinyl and timecode vinyl
    Tech Wizard

Question Help - DJing with real vinyl and timecode vinyl

Here’s what I want to do:
    I want to be able to DJ playing music from traktor, controlling it with turntables. Therefore I need to have Traktor Scratch Pro. Check.

How do I DJ with timecode and real vinyl using Scratch Pro and two turntables seamlessly? i.e. play between digital and vinyl records in no particular order?

Can someone help me figure that out?

I have a the Kontrol S4 MK1 and turntables. I want to figure this out before I upgrade to Traktor Scratch Pro.

Does the S4 have an input selector switch that says Line/Phono/Thru?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

I don't know about the S4, but on the Z2 it's a piece of cake. There is a button right on the top of the mixer that you just press and you can switch from vinyl to time code on each deck. I don't know if you can map a button on the S4 to do the same thing. You may have to do it like I do it on my A10 sound card. Just click the orange square "A" or "B" box and you switch it there.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snipaz View Post
    Here’s what I want to do:
    I want to be able to DJ playing music from traktor, controlling it with turntables. Therefore I need to have Traktor Scratch Pro. Check.

How do I DJ with timecode and real vinyl using Scratch Pro and two turntables seamlessly? i.e. play between digital and vinyl records in no particular order?

Can someone help me figure that out?

I have a the Kontrol S4 MK1 and turntables. I want to figure this out before I upgrade to Traktor Scratch Pro.
    Doesnt anyone read manuals any more before asking people on the internet? This shit baffles me no end. Why wait for an answer when you already have all the info at your fingertips?

Anyhooooooo,

as the S4 manual says, all you need to do is flip the software switch in Traktor to 'enable direct through', for the vinyl, and then flip it back for the digital files.

Tech Wizard

@ImNoDJ

You are right - I should have checked the MANUAL. Thanks for the info and I will also check the manual.