Traktor / Serato - is 4gb of memory enough?
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor / Serato - is 4gb of memory enough?

So i'm toying with upgrading my laptop.

Current machine is an old 2009 MacBook Pro (2.54 GhZ core 2 duo). It still runs fine, & i've upgraded it to the max over the years, (2tb drive in the DVD bay, maxed out memory, SSD boot drive etc), but it's starting to get a bit long in the tooth.

I'm considering a MacBook Air from apple's refurb store, but most of the models on there only have 4 Gb of memory.

So my main question is, will Traktor &/or Serato run happily with only 4 gb of memory? ....the spec on the websites say "yes", but i'd like some real world answers from people running similar machines.
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Tech Guru

Yes, no problems.

Tech Mentor

Until very recently (like a few weeks ago), I ran Traktor on a laptop with a 32 bit centrino2 processor and 3GB of ram (HP Elitebook 8530w). No problems at all. Being a 32 bit computer, only 2GB was really accessible for applications. For 64 bit you'll need more ram than for a 32 bit system, but 4GB is fine.

It'll only really become an issue when you're producing or using things like Maschine in your set. Traktor is not that heavy.

Tech Mentor

Cheers guys. ....just what i wanted to hear.
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Quote Originally Posted by thisisian View Post
    Cheers guys. ....just what i wanted to hear.
    you should be fine for now there are some tweaks you can do to make things run smoother like turning of window fading . sadly my mac took a piss in 2009 so i dont Remember all the tweaks
    I do Gameplays and mixes On hitbox.tv http://www.hitbox.tv/MediaHeadzTv