Pioneer ddj sz vs pioneer xdj rx? Which one should I get?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pioneer ddj sz vs pioneer xdj rx? Which one should I get?

Pioneer ddj sz vs pioneer xdj rx? Which one should I get? Im a semi-beginner level, any help is appreciated! thanks!

Get the S*...

Between the two, the SZ hands down. The rx is nice, but you are going to eventually want 4 channels. Why invest twice just to add two channels. Hope that helps.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Get the S*...

Between the two, the SZ hands down. The rx is nice, but you are going to eventually want 4 channels. Why invest twice just to add two channels. Hope that helps.
    Thanks! That helps a lot But are there any other major differences? I know that the rx can also use cd's but is that basically it? Thanks

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Get the S*...

I completely disagree. A lot of DJ's don't use 4 channels, maybe three. But the real question is; what are you planning on doing with it?

if you're only going to play at home and never take it out, go with the SZ. It's too big to take with you on a weekly basis but it is the best experience for the price you can get compared to CDJ's. It needs your laptop, and that's another thing you have to keep in mind: If you bring it to gigs you also have to bring your laptop, which increased carryload and risk.

If you want something to take out regularly and/or are a mobile dj, buy the RX. Closest you'll get to CDJ's and you don't have to drag along a laptop.

Want something you can carry around and don't mind bringing your laptop? Get the DDJ-SX(2). 4 Channels, awesome piece of equipment, cheap compared to the others. It's my choice for all my mobile gigs, however I'm thinking about the RX for a while now, simply because then I wouldn't have to bring my laptop with me anymore.

Systematik

Quote Originally Posted by Somec0nfusedguy View Post
    Pioneer ddj sz vs pioneer xdj rx? Which one should I get? Im a semi-beginner level, any help is appreciated! thanks!
    I believe as a Semi-beginner, you shouldn't even be looking at those lol...

Rx is an awesome bit of gear, SZ is also awesome, but for a beginner, They are both a big spend..
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Quote Originally Posted by Student View Post
    if you're only going to play at home and never take it out, go with the SZ. It's too big to take with you on a weekly basis but it is the best experience for the price you can get compared to CDJ's.
    Coming from having to carry around a coffin with two technics and a mixer to every local gig, I can't agree with this statement as it is still way more compact than my setup.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by Somec0nfusedguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RaminoDJ View Post
    I believe as a Semi-beginner, you shouldn't even be looking at those lol...
    something like that yeah...it you feel the need to ask a general "which one should I get" question about advanced gear then you are not on that level yet. nothing wrong with buying quality qear for your first setup but this is a little over the top.

only useful advice i can give is to stick with 2 channels - by the time you master them, your gear will be obsolete anyway - so it doesn't matter which one you buy now.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    something like that yeah...it you feel the need to ask a general "which one should I get" question about advanced gear then you are not on that level yet. nothing wrong with buying quality qear for your first setup but this is a little over the top.

only useful advice i can give is to stick with 2 channels - by the time you master them, your gear will be obsolete anyway - so it doesn't matter which one you buy now.
    I don't completely agree. If I were to start again now I'd try and get me some CDJ2k's and DJM 700 or higher because that's what I mostly when gigging out and it's best to get familiar with equipment you get to work often with.

Quote Originally Posted by Student View Post
    I don't completely agree. If I were to start again now I'd try and get me some CDJ2k's and DJM 700 or higher because that's what I mostly when gigging out and it's best to get familiar with equipment you get to work often with.
    I have yet to see a DJ that takes more than a few min to get adjusted coming from say DJM-400 (2ch) to DJM-700/800/etc.. (4ch)

And also have more than a few friends who work as club dj's that have sold their CDJ's+mixers because now they don't use them, have a shitload of money tied into them and take a lot of space in their bedrooms but need a portable setup for a occasional bar/mobile gig (usually they bought pioneer controllers instead).
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast