Question on remapping some Z2 controls

Default Question on remapping some Z2 controls

Hi DJTT-community mapping wizards,

I have a question on remapping the Z2. I figured out that I could optimize the mapping a bit my style of playing

What I did so far:
    - Remapped the deck C&D knobs to control the volume of Deck A&B + added some new big&nice bakelite-kobs to dip a bit into rotary mixing. Work great an is a LOT of fun!
    - remapped flux buttons to play/pause
    - remapped the abs/relative buttons to filter on/off

What I didn't manage to do so far:

- I need to 'unmap' the automatic filter on/off that the factory mapping of Z2 has on the filter knobs. At the moment if I turn the filter from 12 o'clock the filter automatically switches on. If I switch it off with my newly mapped filter on off knobs it turns on again as soon as I move the filter knob just a bit. I tried remapping the Filter knobs to only filter control which didn't help. Is there any other command that I did not see? Any other Ideas?

Did you check the 'override factory mapping' checkbox both for 'filter adjust' and 'filter on'?

Yep... the override box is checked.

It seems like there is some hidden second mapping?

I just tried all i the variations i could think of. Looks like the off-toggle is hardcoded into the factory mapping to always trigger when the filter reaches 50%.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You guys are correct - the Filter ON-OFF toggle is built in to the native mapping. Ni uses a same principal for S2 as well. (some option to deactivate this in the preferences would be sweet... )