Anyone Using Mixvibes Cross DJ 3?

Default Anyone Using Mixvibes Cross DJ 3?

Thinking of trying something new.

I like Traktor but I don't like their controllers.

I hate Serato but they are compatible with a lot of controllers.

Maybe Cross DJ is for me.

I do - it's the basis of my whole setup

Some of the many great things I love are:

- Optional fullscreen width parallel waveforms
    - Excellent file management/track browsing
    - Excellent Beat Griding (can have multiple grids)
    - their Track suggestion option can be handy too (good to have a quick look if I'm looking for a very quick song selection or something to mashup)
    - Smartlists
    - HID for various Pioneer CDJs
    - solid DVS (worked great with my DJM 850 and am now using it on my traded up 900)
    - loads of options for midi mapping
    - rekordbox export (tho am not sure if it works so well with RB 3.0, I'm still using 2.0+ which Mixvibes made for Pioneer)
    - works great with my XDJ-Aero for smaller gigs (had to map it though as wasn't supported, but works pretty well)
    - and a big bonus - VIDEO

it also has a 64bit option (which sadly doesn't work with my mixer just as the drivers on there are 32 bit)

There's a free trial - give it a go

tbh I think the only not so great thing about Cross for me is the FX, but as I use DJM effects and an RMX 1000 I'm not really limited there.

ps - here's a video link to my setup from an event a few months back where I'm running Video and DVS through Cross (no plugins, all native)

https://www.facebook.com/DarkCideClu...3209029276929/
    Last edited by Jane; 08-27-2015 at 04:36 AM.
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Another Cross user here. I got it originally because I couldn't afford Traktor, ended up upgrading to the full DVS version when I could afford it because I liked it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post

- Excellent Beat Griding (can have multiple grids)
    OK how do I get that multiple beat grid thing to work? I can add new beatgrids that are superimposed over the original but I can't declare where one might end before another begins without erasing the first beatgrid completely...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcaller View Post

OK how do I get that multiple beat grid thing to work? I can add new beatgrids that are superimposed over the original but I can't declare where one might end before another begins without erasing the first beatgrid completely...
    that's how they do the flexible/extra griding - I don't have the full details to hand, but this was a review of it's features/capabilities from back when it was 2.0

"Beatgridding and sync

The beatgridding is excellent. There's a little control so you can do your beatgridding right there on the deck, and not only can the software handle music that's not uniform 4/4 (ie old funk and disco, rock etc) sometimes referred to as "elastic beatgridding", it can also handle music that's completely all over the place.

It does this with the addition of extra "user beatgrids" that you can lay over the standard grid to show extra sections in tracks, a dropped or added beat - anything you want. Top marks, and it steals the show against Traktor (which has very limited beatgridding) and Serato (which has elastic beatgridding but can't handle tempo changes or non-standard time signatures in the same way that Cross can).

Beatgridding in MixVibes Cross DJ 2.0: It's the best beatgridding I've ever used in any DJ software.
    The strong beatgridding is reflected in equally strong sync functions. The software divides sync into "snap" and "quantise" functions, allowing you to sync to the nearest beat, bar or "cycle" (as in multi-bar musical phrase).
    This is verified against the beatgrid, and reflected in the waveforms with little circles that rotate at a user.choosable frequency; setting it to four bars (the maximum) lets you see at a glance not only whether your tracks are "on the beat", but whether they're musically lined up too. these meters also work like Traktor's phase meters so you can manually hold mixes in time by watching the deviation shown.

Of course, you can turn all of this stuff off and wing it, old school style, if sync isn't your thing, but again, it's some of the most advanced syncing I've seen on any software."

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2012/09...0-dj-software/

tbh I don't use it too much as most of my dance tracks are very uniform and only use sync for about 40% of the time, but I've used it on a couple of tracks and it's been pretty handy
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx