DDJ SR Plugged Into Pa System
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default DDJ SR Plugged Into Pa System

Hi guys, i'm having some trouble at the club when i plug my Pioneer DDJ SR into the clubs pa system. Basically the problem is that its lacking bass when i go straight from my controller into the pa system, really loud and good highs and mids just really lacking bass. I end up just using the CDJ'S and mixer because it offers little bit more bass.

Any thoughts on this?

I also use rca from the master output on my controller into male xlr , then into clubs female xlr ports.

Many thanks!

You shouldn't hook an RCA or an unbalanced 1/4 TS to an XLR.

Every DJ should have one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/ART-CLEANBOXPR...0618579&sr=8-8

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    You shouldn't hook an RCA or an unbalanced 1/4 TS to an XLR.

Every DJ should have one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/ART-CLEANBOXPR...0618579&sr=8-8
    The SR's 1/4 TRS inch outputs are balanced, thats what should be used in a club situation.

Is it possible that you are bypassing any EQ's when you plug directly into the club's PA ?

Also have you tried plugging the SR directly into an empty line channel on the club mixer instead of going directly to the PA ?
    Last edited by deevey; 08-27-2015 at 01:44 AM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    The SR's 1/4 TRS inch outputs are balanced, thats what should be used in a club situation.

Is it possible that you are bypassing any EQ's when you plug directly into the club's PA ?

Also have you tried plugging the SR directly into an empty line channel on the club mixer instead of going directly to the PA ?
    When i plug it into this specific mixer, the SR is a lot quieter and just not worth it, even when i plug directly into the pa system and turn the bass up on the mixer and the controller it still unsatisfactory.

I mean this is the only club i have tried it at, so when I'm next in another club, ill give it a whirl!

I use RCA to XLR, Not TRS to XLR. Are you saying it could possibly be better with the TRS connection??

Quote Originally Posted by Macco View Post

I use RCA to XLR, Not TRS to XLR. Are you saying it could possibly be better with the TRS connection??
    It should be.

However I never felt the SR was lacking oomph via RCA. plugging into a mixer would give it an extra gain boost, so wonder if something funky is going on with your RCA outputs.

I can't find anywhere where it states that the SR has balanced outs.
    I see TRS.
    That doesn't always mean balanced.

Check cables too

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    I can't find anywhere where it states that the SR has balanced outs.
    I see TRS.
    That doesn't always mean balanced.
    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...ions100213.pdf

Page 7.

It should not make any real difference beyond less noise though, as Loverocket said, check your cables as well.

Sounds like bad RCA outs. Clean out your grounds and make sure you are using decent cables. Bad cables can do a lot of damage to audio quality. Plug into the pioneer mixer then into the club PA anyway.

Did you check the channel on the mixer at the club to ensure all of your freq's are flat.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    It should be.

However I never felt the SR was lacking oomph via RCA. plugging into a mixer would give it an extra gain boost, so wonder if something funky is going on with your RCA outputs.
    The controller is practically new, the ports look fine but I will double check!! The cables were quite cheap so maybe I should invest in better cables.

When I plug it into a mixer at another club, using rca to rca into a line port it seems to be fine bass is nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast