Post Your Favorite Videos of DJ sets - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The kings of drum & bass, hands down.

so crafty

Tech Wizard

I'll just leave this here.

Link broken, it is: 2ManyDJ's - As Heard on Radio Soulwax Pt.2.

The mix that had the biggest impact on my DJ'ing 'career' and still one of the greatest mixes that I've ever heard.

Last edited by DJAdeSands; 10-07-2016 at 03:45 AM.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Mentor

Me playing some classic disco on my Bozak.

man, that sounds great...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Panotaker View Post
    Me playing some classic disco on my Bozak.

THAT IS SOME SILKY MIXING! Digging the mixing of the old gear with the newer technology!

Also a question what software did you use to record your live set and video? Thanks! Keep up the great work

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Ollin View Post
    THAT IS SOME SILKY MIXING! Digging the mixing of the old gear with the newer technology!

Also a question what software did you use to record your live set and video? Thanks! Keep up the great work
    Thanks, glad you enjoyed the old skool mix. It took a lot of trial and error to get the recording setup working for both audio and video. the problem is most of the time, you have to record the video with a camera, and the audio with a digital recorder, then sync them together in software, which can be a pain in the neck. The problem is that if you just use a camera to do both, the audio will get recorded by the cameras built in mic, so it sounds like crap, because it is just recording the sound coming out of your speakers. So if you want good sound, you have to use a digital audio recorder to record the line output straight from the mixer. I used to use a portable audio digital recorder to record the sound, which records excellent audio straight from the mixer. I then had to sync up the audio track, to the video track in software.

Another problem I had was finding a camera that would record more than 12 minutes of video. Most DSLR's (at least when I bought mine a couple of years ago) only recorded video for 12 minutes, then they would stop recording because of heat. So you could only make a 12 minute long video. So I bought a Panasonic GH3 DSLR, which is specially made for shooting video. That camera doesn't get hot and shut off. It will record a video until you fill up your memory card, which for me, is at least a couple of hours. The battery last forever too. To solve the external audio recorder problem, I bought a 25db attenuator cable that attenuates the hot line level audio 25 db, to mic level input. What that means is that with that adapter cable, I can plug the line level output from the mixer, straight into the mic input on the camera, so I can record the audio and the video with just the camera, and get excellent audio, just like if I was using an external digital recorder. The beauty of it is that I no longer have to sync the audio with the video, since everything is recorded at the same time with just the camera. This is the cable I used: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...icrophone.html The camera I used is a Panasonic Lumix GH3, which records at 1080P, but is no longer made. They make a GH4 now, which is the same camera, but it records at 4K. The lens I used is a Panasonic Lumix 12-35mm f2.8 lens. This combo records excellent video in low light too. So if you need to record your set in a club with low lights, you will get excellent video and audio. I haven't kept up with the camera market, so there are probably cheaper options out now that can do the same thing for a lot less. Look for a camera with a external mic input, and that can record video without shutting off. Or look for a used GH3 like I got.

That's a beautiful mix my man.

This is a little bit different.

Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast