Change the file structure on my Rekordbox stick

Default Change the file structure on my Rekordbox stick

Hi all,

I recently started to built up my 'emergency all use cases usb stick', that I can carry on my keychain to never again miss an opportunity to DJ & have something on hand for the worst case (e.g. my whole DJ bag incl Laptop gets stolen / burnt / lost before a gig)

To cover all use-cases I want to be able to use the same usb stick with CDJs and any laptop based program.
    I don't care a lot about cue points, grids as I don't need that on laptops but I would love to have the stuff preanalyzed on rekordbox to have waveforms etc on the CDJs.

After exporting all my (itunes / traktor) playlists to my USB stick with rekordbox all tracks are put into folders sorted by artist and it's really unconvenient to navigate that with traktor / itunes / etc. Is there a way to tell rekordbox to store the tracks in folders based on playlists so I can easily navigate through them in the finder or put them into traktor playlists.

Hope you've got a solution on hand... Thx!

As far as I know - there isn't.

Best solution is to have a second copy of your playlist just in it's own folder for the non-rekordbox USBs.

I actually had a gig where one of the CDJs was malfunctioning and I only brought my Rekordbox USB sticks recently. Homie helped me out by letting me use his Serato setup - but plugging my USB into his computer made it a mess trying to navigate through tracks.

Set ended up solid but not anywhere near where I had planned on going with it.

I now have an emergency playlist in basic format on those drives (I use 64 gig thumb drives - more than enough space) just for those situations.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post

Best solution is to have a second copy of your playlist just in it's own folder for the non-rekordbox USBs.

I now have an emergency playlist in basic format on those drives (I use 64 gig thumb drives - more than enough space) just for those situations.
    A nice tip...I'll have to adopt that one myself!
    Technics 1200 x2 | Pioneer XDJ-1000 x2 | Pioneer DJM-900SRT | Mukatsuku Record Weights x2 | Serato DJ | Rekordbox | Pioneer EFX-500 | Ableton Live 9 | Push | Roland TR-8 | Roland TB-3 | Roland System-1 | Korg MS-10 | Akai MPC-2500 | Mackie Onyx 1620i | Apogee Duet | MOTU Micro Lite | Tapco S-8 Monitors
    www.slidingdownthebanister.com www.facebook.com/SlidingDownTheBanister

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post

Thanks... thats the solution I came out with too. Got a badass new usb stick with 32 gigs and just copied everything twice.
    Transcend JetFlash 710S USB-Stick 32GB Can really recommend it