Question about serato, need help about serato hardware!
    Tech Wizard

Default Question about serato, need help about serato hardware!

hello everyone, i've been using virtual dj in my first steps to digital djing after i moved from cd's then i went to traktor and i am so satisfied with it, but i am looking to buy a new controller, the pionner ddj sr, and since i can't find any official mappings from pioneer from it and i see that traktor is almost native supported only by NI hardware these days, i am thinking of trying out serato dj.

i 've read that i don't need a licence for it to play with supported controllers, so its free to use.

what about pioneer cdj's? like cdj 2000 and cdj 900 ? are they supported and don't need to buy a licence? all official accessories are supported by default and don't need any license to pay?

i will be using my controller whenever i don't find good club setup like cdj's 900 or 2000. so i need to be able to use only one dj software to play whatever setup i got.

can someone explain me how it is working?

regards,

George B.

You can use Serato Dj Intro for free with a certified controller. You must pay for the upgrade to use the full version, Serato DJ. I'm unaware if a full license comes "in the box" with the SR.

The following link should tell you all you need to know about Serato and CDJs.

https://serato.com/latest/blog/16377...-for-serato-dj

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

DDJ-SR includes a full SeratoDJ that will only work as long as the SR is connected, no need to upgrade. Below you'll find explained how Serato DJ licenses work with each kit listed in their site

* SeratoDJ Enabled - Includes full version of Serato DJ
    * SeratoDJ Upgrade Ready - Will work with SeratoDJ LE but you'll need a full license to unlock it's potential.
    * Serato DVS Upgrade Ready - You need to get the DVS expansion if you want to use timecode (you don't need it for HID enabled CDJs)
    * Serato Official Accessory - (most CDJs fit here) Will need a license and a certified mixer/interface/controller connected to your computer in order to work with SeratoDJ.

BTW, the DDJ-SR will work with the official DDJ-SX mapping in Traktor, you just need to set it to MIDI mode first as seen in the video below.

Last edited by padi_04; 09-07-2015 at 01:04 PM.