[Other] Split this forum?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Split this forum?

Any mods out there, can you discuss this option between you higher up types....

Basically I just want to check out peoples tracks and I couldnt care less about mixes, Im guessing theres others like me too.

So it would be nice to see the forum split into 1) Mixes and 2) Productions

Thanks

Hello mate - long time no see.

I've always thought it was weird cos there's a music production forum as well, should be in there & just mixes in here
    SC | MC

I sort of agree with this. Peoples' original tracks get lost after a day or two under loads of mixes (and there tend to be a lot more of them).

This would surely yield benefits to both producers and DJs, as well as their audiences.

+ Pro's:
    • Would enable people to search for a certain type or genre of content using the search function in their desired forum.
    • Would make browsing much easier. It's not always obvious whether a submission is a DJ set or a production.
    • Simpler to moderate: currently the rules (ie. length of mix) apply to some threads (ie. mixes) but not others (productions).
    • Podcasts or tracks would have a longer half-life near the top of the pile, gaining more views and comments/critique.
    • Gaining more views/comments could encourage more people to post their work.
    • It's logical: I seek and listen to mixes mostly for enjoyment, whereas I generally search for tracks in order to use them.

- Cons:
    • Would require considerable work to implement the change. (I have no idea how much.)
    • Increased activity may require more moderator work.
    • May increase server load or other technical strain.
    • Are there any other cons?

IMO this change would significantly improve the environment for sharing and discussing musical works, and potentially increase the amount of networking and musical interaction on the forum.
    Last edited by Lanz the joiner; 07-08-2015 at 07:17 AM.

I agree. There's actually a small but growing little community of producers here that help each other out and it would be a lot more beneficial I think if tracks didn't get lost after 12 hours due to the high volume of mixes being posted.

e/ Also as the above user asked, it's not too tough to create a subforum.. I used to run a few forums myself. Although I don't know the chain of command this specific forum would have to go through in order to do it.

Sounds like a good plan to me.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

i agree
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Us producers need a better sub forum

We actually listen to others stuff, not just hit and run like all these djs who just post mixes

I agree with all that has been said above.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Just posting to say I also agree with everything posted

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast