which dj midi controller to buy???????????
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default which dj midi controller to buy???????????

hello there people,needing help on which midi controller to buy and the way things are going its looking like the reloop digital jockey interface edition 2 or the vestax vci 300.In mind i will be using tracktor.I wont one that will last and is good quality unless thers other midi controllers out now that are as good and has the same price range.looking forward from hearing from your veiws

The Hercules RMX is a very good option too, well worth considering. I've got one and can't fault it. Also, I can by-pass the internal soundcard if needed and use it as a midi controller only, just in case I wish to upgrade in future.
    It also supports time-code vinyls for Traktor Scratch, which is another nice feature for future additions.
    Last edited by shima records; 11-17-2009 at 07:18 AM.
    JOHN SHIMA | LIVE RADIO SHOW
    ALTERNATE SUNDAYS 8PM - 10PM (GMT)
    DETROIT TECHNO | DEEP HOUSE | BLEEPS | ACID
    www.future-music.co.uk

why not a vci-100? or vci-100se from here?

i wouldn't get a vci-300 unless i was going to use itch with it. Is it because you want a built in soundcard?

I think you're better off getting an audio 2 dj sound card and dedicated midi controller like the vci-100 imo
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by djmaxone View Post
    why not a vci-100? or vci-100se from here?

i wouldn't get a vci-300 unless i was going to use itch with it. Is it because you want a built in soundcard?

I think you're better off getting an audio 2 dj sound card and dedicated midi controller like the vci-100 imo
    amen to that. Before buying the VCI-100 I was thinking other offerings like the VCI-300 but installed base and moddable sold me to it.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

go for the vci-100se or arcade, i had the se it was great until i switched setups

Tech Mentor

how do you bypass the soundcard on a herc rmx?
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

Tech Wizard

Another vote for the VCI-100 SE.

After 3 years of using Traktor w/ a BCD2000, I just upgraded to the VCI-100 SE. Some of the reasons I chose the SE were:

1) Solid, well made controller from a reputable company, that has been put to the test by many people before me.

2) Great integration with Traktor, whether using it straight out of the box with Traktor's included mapping, or using the SE version with the upgraded firmware and DJTT mappings.

3) Controller does not have a built in sound card. As you will find out the reason for this is two fold. One is that it is less than desirable to have both your controller's midi signals and your audio signals traveling over the same usb cable. Two is that more often than not the audio quality of a built in soundcard is not as good as comparable stand alone soundcards, which can often be purchased for less. Not to mention, think of it like you would think of a combo dvd/tv system. Sure, it's convenient at first, but if one of the devices fail, you are stuck with a less than functional piece of equipment. Better hope it's only the dvd player that fails (or in this case, the soundcard) because who wants to have a big tv sized dvd player (or a soundcard the size of a midi controller.)

and the most compelling reason I chose the VCI-100 SE......

4) DJ TechTools support!!! Whether it be via direct contact w/ the DJTT team, or getting help from the large group of active forum members who have the same device and have probably run into the problem you are having before and are happy to help, that was the biggest reason I purchased the SE.

For me the bottom line was that there are no perfect controllers out there for Traktor. There are many different solutions, and most can be modified to fit your needs. I considered the Reloop and DJ Tech Pro offerings, which were less expensive than the SE, but I didn't want to find myself once again searching high and low for answers to troubleshooting questions. Not to mention, the constant work to improve the mappings for the SE is spectacular.

All in all, it's up to you to decide what is right for you. Hopefully my post has shed some light on why I and others are so hyped about the VCI-100. If you are willing to invest a good deal of time into customizing mappings and troubleshooting, and doing so mostly on your own, you very well may be able to get another comparable controller to do everything the VCI-100 does and more. Good luck with whatever you end up chosing!
    DJ Setup: Traktor Pro 1.2, VCI-100 SE, Audio Kontrol 1, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, Dell Inspiron E1505
    Other: MC-909, MC-505, Ableton Live 8, Reason 3, ReCycle 2, Traktor DJ Studio 3, BCD2000, Yamaha KX25, Radium 49, Korg nanoKONTROL
    Check out my tech-house mix on Soundcloud: Trickin' Out Tha Bird

Tech Wizard

ok how much for the vesax vci 100 se????????do they sell audio 2 interface here aswell??? i also seen a vestax vci 100 LE,whats the difference?as my mind is now set on the 100.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Go to the store on this site, and it'll give you the price for the VCI-100SE and the Arcade Edition.

DJTT does not seel the AUdio2, but most internet retailers will.

There is no such thing as a VCI-100LE, I believe. It comes with Traktor LE, which could be what you're referring to. But not VCI-100LE.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

no dice on what that guy meant on bypassing the built in sound card on the herc rmx? does that mean that by using an external soundcard it auto bypasses it or something? I bought an audio2 and returned since I need a firewire sound card since Im using 3 usb controllers and dont want audio going through USB. My external HDD is eSATA so everything is on its type of bus.
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast