BPM Show 2015, Birmingham NEC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BPM Show 2015, Birmingham NEC

Hey guys, was wondering if any of you are heading over to the BPM show this year in the NEC, Birmingham? Haven't actually been to a BPM show yet and going by the line up of events, shows & sets (along with product displays) it looks like its going to be a good one.

For anyone that has been & played at the Play @ BPM area in the past do you know when they let the successful applicants know? Was hoping to get a set there this year but haven't heard anything yet, tried Emailing them about two weeks back but they said they were still going through the entries...fingers crossed anyway

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I wouldn't bother. They put you in the foyer and people just walk past. No-one apart from your mates and girl/boy friend will pay a blind bit of notice and most of the DJs that go to BPM just look down on the guys that play on that stand even though the guys on the stand are probably better and more enthusiaistic than the penises that walk around in their muscle shirts with the sleeve tattoos looking like clones.

BPM would be great if they barred DJs from going.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I wouldn't bother. They put you in the foyer and people just walk past. No-one apart from your mates and girl/boy friend will pay a blind bit of notice and most of the DJs that go to BPM just look down on the guys that play on that stand even though the guys on the stand are probably better and more enthusiaistic than the penises that walk around in their muscle shirts with the sleeve tattoos looking like clones.

Cheers for the tips bro Won't worry bout it really then if I don't get on for that slot

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

Damn Karlos, you really are savage
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Pop over to the DJWORX demo stage and say hi to us. We'll be there most of the three days.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

I'm DJing on the PLAY@BPM stage

Done it for the last couple of years, Karlos is right, not many people take much notice but I'm also playing on the KAM lighting stage at some point on the Sunday. Will post the times just in case anyone is about.
    Equipment: 2x CDJ 2000s // Kontrol Z2 // 2x KRK Rokit 5s // Maschine MkII // Scarlett 2i2

Soundcloud Twitter Facebook

Tech Guru

Karlos, did I ever tell you that I love you?

EDIT - needed a macro

longshanks.jpg
    Last edited by nem0nic; 09-07-2015 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Added gold from Karlos

Tech Mentor

Schermafbeelding 2015-09-08 om 15.53.43.jpg

Mainly curious to figure out what this is. It's in the HDJ-700 video. My best guess is the DDJ-SZ2, but with all the new Rekordbox functions a Rekordbox exclusive controller might be an option as well. Any thoughts on this?

Tech Mentor

great discounts, I saved £160 on traktor z2 last year and I'm hoping to save some money on a pair of 2000 nxs this year =). Its hectic there it seems like theres a dj on every turn and smoke everywhere haha.

Have to say I had a brilliant time there yesterday, I went by myself in the end - all my mates pulled out and I got there at midday and left at 6.

I was on the PLAY@BPM stage at 12.45 for half hour, played a classic house set and got a load of great feedback from it - even Sam, the lad running the stage, said he enjoyed it and was going to be using some of my track selection in his own set later that night.

I then was DJing on the Gemini and KAM stage, used the new MDJ-1000s, which I thought were terrible, fair play to Gemini for trying to come back into the market but the 1000s just don't cut it.

I was on there for about an hour and played a similar set, mainly due to the response of the first set and it went down well and I was joined by a special guest:

https://youtu.be/J3QtLU7rX5o

Karlos is right though, the place is full of DJs thinking they're big time Charlie's - one guy in particular on the Pioneer stand was using one of the demo units, had a load of mates watching him, one filming and he was 'dropping' the likes of Uptown Funk and Clean Bandit and giving it the Jesus pose and everything.

I find it's best to just watch and laugh.

Saw JON1st and JBF, the latter who was joint winner of the DMC championship.
    Equipment: 2x CDJ 2000s // Kontrol Z2 // 2x KRK Rokit 5s // Maschine MkII // Scarlett 2i2

Soundcloud Twitter Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast