Switching from Traktor to Serato?

Default Switching from Traktor to Serato?

So after hearing my DJM-850 is now compatible with Serato as well as my currant Traktor control vinyls scratched beyond recognition, i’m in the process of choosing whether its worth switching to Serato. Just to give some background information i have been using a DDJ-SB with Serato for some time and i find the layout of even the basic Serato more intuitive and simple for mixing compared to Traktor. But its really a question whether i should spend $50 now for new Traktor control records or $200 for the full Serato transition. So i was wondering if anyone else has been in this dilemma and or personal experiences in switching from the two softwares.

Thanks, Will

Tech Wizard

how much time have you spent setting up your Traktor library?

in all honesty, i wouldn't switch from one to the other for that as one reason, along with the fact that now you'll need to learn a whole new set of shortcuts/controls, a new layout, plus any of the other small things you'll run into when switching.

Other than that, it's all personal preference.

I have been using Serato since 2010 starting with Itch, then SSL, and serato DJ and love all of it.

I tried the transition with a Traktor Z2 last year and switched back to A DJM 700 and a SL2 box after a few months. Starting from scratch and re-learning a new software was much harder than I thought. But I blindly bought the Z2 with no previous experience, but from what I understand you can use both.

If you're more comfortable with serato from your experience with the DDJ-SB, then I would say its worth it. Having access to an 850 is always nice. But I can always sell back my SL2 for some cash, I'm not sure if there's any tangible re-sell to unlocking serato (I don't know much about the process), but I digress.
    Last edited by SuperDude8547; 09-08-2015 at 11:01 PM.

Why bother if you have the 850's? Just go USB stick with Rekordbox and free yourself from the computer overlords!
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Well first off i would like to thank you all for your advice, in terms of rekordbox thats what i have been using for the past few months with my cdj's, but my poor Stanton's have seen no action apart from some old records, so i would like to get that back up and running hence this whole decision. And again because i haven't used Traktor in so long the playlists and libraries i had are now consequently outdated, so thats not a factor for me anymore. After thinking about it for a while i think i am going to make the switch because it seems as good as any time for it to be done now. and i would just like say thanks again.