Changing DJ name and social media, mixcloud etc.
    Tech Mentor

Default Changing DJ name and social media, mixcloud etc.

Friend of mine recommended I come up with a catchy DJ name so I did that. My mixcloud is under my name currently and I have followers. I can change my display name and keep the old mixcloud url or I can change the mixcloud url to the new DJ name. Not sure what option is best. My Soundcloud I figure just to use my real name as it will be for my own productions. However I don't want any confusion and of course I want to present myself as a DJ and producer. Any advice? Should I just run with the new DJ name for everything?

It took me awhile to get everything all as the same name. It's worth it IMO. Originally I had a mish-mash of different usernames across different services. I find it's much easier for myself to remember - and much easier when I'm telling people that all of my links are *whatever site*/mydjname across all of them. Mixcloud, Facebook, Twitter, Soundcloud, Mixlr - keeps it simple and looks professional when I get a chance to list them all out.

I'd recommend doing it as soon as possible - get everything the same BEFORE you print business cards
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Mentor

Hey, thanks. Yeah I agree it's best to cut down on any confusion.

Cheers!

lol in fact, my links on here are out of date. Need to update those - it's been a minute now.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Convert

Totally should, stay consistent on all avenues when changing your name.

DJ holiday?
    27" Imac (2.8 Ghz i5; 16GB; 256 SSD); Logic X; M-Audio Axiom 49 MIDI Keyboard; A&H DB4; A&H K2; Roland MC-303; Shure SM58 Mic; Technics RP DH1200 Headphones; Fishy Bum Splat Burger for lunch and dinner

Tech Mentor

I use to use that. Needed something to reflect my music style so I went with SUB CMDR. So far it seems to have worked. I've garnered more interest. What's in a name? I know, but it seems how a DJ promotes themselves is as important (perhaps even more so) than their actual skills.

You should keep all of your shit the same. Don't make it hard for people to find you. Picking a name is on you, but don't have each platform calling you something different.

i vote same name across all the interwebs.

i was actually listening to sub cmdr on soundcloud the other day, i only know this because the name stuck out for some reason, so its working.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu