sending dvs signal to daw ( ableton) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

i can have access to a vestax pro 06 for 60$ is it a good deal? will a regular mixer be fine or should i go for a midi mixer $$$ (if i plan on using it for production inside daws) ?

thanks m8

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by symbiosis View Post
    also, is it possible to just record one deck? now i have my samples on the left deck but the track playing on the right deck. but ultimately id like to only output the left deck to ableton while still being able to hear both decks while cutting.

Thanks you all, you ve been really helpful!
    Youll need a mixer for this step. There might be a workaround, but thats starting to get a bit brain bendy for me if im not physically in front of it.

As for the distortion: Make sure that the output from your TT and the input into the Audio 4 are matched. ie TT set to phono and A4 set to phono, or the same for Line.

Then turn down the master output from VDJ until you get a good level for the input into Live.

Quote Originally Posted by symbiosis View Post
    the idea was good, but having both program using the audio 4 dj as the audio interface makes ableton crash and VDJ glitch like crazy any ideas?
    Contact Oscar da Grouch in LA or turnstyle records, get whatever samples you want to scratch cut to a hiQ dubplate and then record the scratches straight off of vinyl. On a level note. I don't suggest using the same computer for gigging as for producing bruv. It's well worth the investment to do so on seperate machines. Trust me it is a whole lot less pain to lose all of the music from your dj library as opposed to all of the presets, plugins, samples, and projects you have created/collected over the years.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Contact Oscar da Grouch in LA or turnstyle records, get whatever samples you want to scratch cut to a hiQ dubplate and then record the scratches straight off of vinyl. On a level note. I don't suggest using the same computer for gigging as for producing bruv. It's well worth the investment to do so on seperate machines. Trust me it is a whole lot less pain to lose all of the music from your dj library as opposed to all of the presets, plugins, samples, and projects you have created/collected over the years.
    Separate computers isnt the answer. Having regular meaningful backups is the answer. Your computer at home can get stolen every bit as much as the laptop you take out.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Separate computers isnt the answer. Having regular meaningful backups is the answer. Your computer at home can get stolen every bit as much as the laptop you take out.
    What kind of neighborhood do you live in?

It's less about it getting stolen and more about ti getting damaged. When My laptop got bumped off the stage at PAradiso, the hard drive was ravaged (pre-solid state). Also had DJ Swamp ruin a backup drive with his fire act. My fault for leaving it on the booth, but still happened nonetheless.

Never had a production computer get damaged or stolen......
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    What kind of neighborhood do you live in?

It's less about it getting stolen and more about ti getting damaged. When My laptop got bumped off the stage at PAradiso, the hard drive was ravaged (pre-solid state). Also had DJ Swamp ruin a backup drive with his fire act. My fault for leaving it on the booth, but still happened nonetheless.

Never had a production computer get damaged or stolen......
    I work in IT. I have had this conversation and seen this literally hundreds of times. Every one of those people thought losing data was something that happened to someone else. Fire, failure,flood, theft, user error (most common) are all things that do happen.

Youve already lost all your data on your home computer if its not backed up in three places with one offsite, its just a matter of time when.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Youll need a mixer for this step. There might be a workaround, but thats starting to get a bit brain bendy for me if im not physically in front of it.

As for the distortion: Make sure that the output from your TT and the input into the Audio 4 are matched. ie TT set to phono and A4 set to phono, or the same for Line.

Then turn down the master output from VDJ until you get a good level for the input into Live.
    got my mixer, can we start again from there.

Thank you!

Tech Mentor

Digressing:
    Actually recording the actual timecode signal would be an interesting experiment. Could you record the timecode signal and play it back to Traktor would it be like controlling it through automation? I think I have a goal tonight.
    Import the timecode CD and save as a Wav file
    use max/msp to play it back to Traktor
    Automate the playing of the file and see what I come up with.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

I've thought about this MANY times, mate!!!

Potentially, you could record juggle clips into Ableton Clips, and route them back into Traktor to magically juggle the tracks there!

Interesting... I think you'd have to use Absolute mode - otherwise the silence would cause issues when routing the recorded time code pattern back into Ableton.

I had these thoughts a few years back when The Phat Conductor/Ill Gates originally wrote about IAC Midi Juggling using midi clips...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Love to hear what results you get! ��
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast