sending dvs signal to daw ( ableton) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

im using a traktor audio 6, and a MBP (and a little mackie mixer to route the audio outs) ...with NO EXTERNAL APPS.. and i run traktor into ableton AND can overdub without ableton recording itself.

i achieve this by actually running traktor from the 3/4 outs of the audio 6 back into itself on the 1/2 ins. then i have ableton run out of the 5/6 outs into the mackie on its own channel, and traktor out the 1/2 outs also on its own channel on the mackie. this way i can monitor both what ive recorded in ableton, and what im sending from traktor, separately, all while getting ableton to lay down new tracks from traktor wthout hearing the master in the recordings.

it actually took me some head scratching and some experimenting to get this to pan out, and the biggest leap of faith taken being running the sound card back into itself. i just didnt think the A6 would like being looped like that, but it did!
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Ms. Pinky is old news, and never really took off.

You can also use Deckadance as a multi instant VST in Ableton...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Mudo

Or directly scratch track and draw these automation curves.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    im using a traktor audio 6, and a MBP (and a little mackie mixer to route the audio outs) ...with NO EXTERNAL APPS.. and i run traktor into ableton AND can overdub without ableton recording itself.

i achieve this by actually running traktor from the 3/4 outs of the audio 6 back into itself on the 1/2 ins. then i have ableton run out of the 5/6 outs into the mackie on its own channel, and traktor out the 1/2 outs also on its own channel on the mackie. this way i can monitor both what ive recorded in ableton, and what im sending from traktor, separately, all while getting ableton to lay down new tracks from traktor wthout hearing the master in the recordings.

it actually took me some head scratching and some experimenting to get this to pan out, and the biggest leap of faith taken being running the sound card back into itself. i just didnt think the A6 would like being looped like that, but it did!
    That is very very interesting. Could you sketch it out on paper and post it here. Im really better at getting things when i see em.

sounds like its really great and would love to try it out.

Thanks for your contribution m8!

Cheers!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234