Traktor crashed last night - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jayjak View Post
    I had the exact same issue when my hard drive started dying, Make sure to back up your collection asap and then look into if there are any problems with either of your drives.
    I know this is an old thread, but I just recently had similar problems as described here. First warning sign was Windows showing a message that a USB device had failed. Checked over everything and couldn't find any problems. That happened about a week ago.

Then yesterday, Traktor started locking up my entire computer. A complete freeze and I couldn't do anything except do a hard reset. This happened several times in a row so I came here to look for answers. I did a back up (I already had a backup, but it was about a week or two old) and have switched external drives. I'll see if that fixes the problem.

Tech Wizard

Have you tried using traktor without a controller hooked up, Give that a go and see what happens, just to rule out hardware failure.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjak View Post
    Have you tried using traktor without a controller hooked up, Give that a go and see what happens, just to rule out hardware failure.
    There were other issues that made me suspect the external drive was the issue. It's been pretty slow lately, but I figured that was just due to other reasons (perhaps it needs to be defragged?) I also had some clicking during playback, which was not due to the load spiking (the clicks sounded completely different than when Traktor bogs down.)

I thought about actions I was doing when Traktor locked up, and I realized that both Traktor and iTunes (I edit and add art in iTunes before adding to Traktor) were trying to access the drive at the same time. Each time, complete freeze, although thankfully on the final time Traktor locked up, Windows shut down Traktor before it locked up my PC completely.

Traktor hardware has been rock solid for me, so has 2.9. So when I read your original post, I started to add everything up and the drive seemed to be the most likely issue!

Running it now with the new drive, not a problem. Your original post along with the TC's helped, so thank you both.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12