Midi Fighter Twister with Linux / Raspberry PI anyone?

Default Midi Fighter Twister with Linux / Raspberry PI anyone?

Hi there,

I'm experimenting with Raspberry PI and Pure Data and have Problems with the Midifighter Twister. My Midifighter 3D works from Scratch, no need to install anything. Same for Novation Launcpad, Korg Nanopad, all are mounted from the Raspberry PI. But not the Twister. When I try "lsusb" from the linux console it is not listed, but the others are listed.

I tried every controller alone, also the twister.

Any Ideas? Does the twister use usb 2.0 or 3.0 or even 1.0 ???

Best wishes,
    Frank Christian Stoffel

Default Problem solved (sort of)

Hi there,

I solved the problem, which seems to be the latest firmware. I reset the Twister to an older firmware, like desribed here:

https://techtools.zendesk.com/hc/en-...the-MF-Utility

And voila, now the Twister is recognized / mounted by the Raspberry PI.

Then, to make sure, I updated the Twister to the newest firmware, and it was NOT detected by the Raspberry PI: After resetting to the older firmware, it worked again with the PI.

This leaves the question, what's different in the newer firmware, that the Twister isn't recognized by the Raspberry PI / Linux anymore?

Best wishes,
    Frank Christian Stoffel

hi Frank!

i have my twister with the latest firmware working ok with a raspberry pi 3 in pure data.
    i have a problem with the amount of leds that are lit, sometimes the twister starts to do some serious flickering! i try to connect to a usb 3 hub, but it does no work :/

have you experience the same?

thank you, Joao.

Could be a power issue. Just remember exactly how much power is used and shared over that 5v usb connection.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

yes, it is probably a power issue. i'm going to try it with a usb 2 powered hub today.

no luck with usb powered hub... is there any way to solve this or do i have to limit the amount of leds used?

Default Which firmware version is recommended for Linux?

Hi, today i got a Twister and I was surprised to discover that it's not detected under Linux.
    It's the first time I encounter a MIDI device that it's not detected by plugging the USB cable.

If I need to downgrade the firmware, I have 3 questions:

1. To which version should I downgrade?
    2. What will be missing in that version?
    3. Why is this necessary?

Thanks!

ps. I'll plug it to a Mac... maybe instead of downgrading what's required is upgrading? I'll find out...
    Last edited by rskprn; 01-07-2019 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Thought of another possibility

Default Works with latest firmware

The included firmware was from 2014. By upgrading to the latest (it's January 2019) everything works fine on Linux.