Rules changes to new mix section are coming.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rules changes to new mix section are coming.

In the new Mixes section there will be some changes coming:

1. You must have atleast 25 posts to post in the mixes section. I am pretty sure everone is tired of people with zero posts spamming their new game changing I spit hot fire jackin for beats mix. We want everyone to be involved in the forums. This is not a place to dump your mixes with no effort to join the community.

2. You must also include a tracklist, as a FatLimey put it in 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    We need a rule:

No Mixes without Tracklisting.

Throwing up something essentially asking for 60 minutes of my time and attention without the courtesy of listing your tracks is lazy, disrespectful and just plain rude. You can't be bothered to be respectful, I can't be bothered to post in your thread.

If you do list the tracks, including the remix, then I get to hear carefully selected new music, you get the feedback you want from people who also like your style, you will most likely get some recomendations, support and helpful comments, the artists get more track sales. The world is a better place.

Be nice. Think of others. Write the list and everyone benefits.

[ /endrant]
    Artist - Name of track (name of remix)

We will be policing the mixes section to make sure everyone complies.

Thank you and you may return to your regularly scheduled programming.
    Last edited by keithace; 09-19-2015 at 02:09 PM.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I 100% disagree that it is disrespectful and/or rude not to include a tracklist, from the perspective of the listener. Of course, this is surely a matter of custom, like burping during a meal or taking your shoes off when entering someone's house - these things vary between cultures.

In my culture it is normal not to know what track is playing - I am perfectly content in my ignorance.

Arguing that it is disrespectful from the perspective of the producer of the tracks... perhaps this has some truth to it.

Given the option I would vote against this rule... for me it would be more sensible to make it mandatory to include a tag which states whether you have included a tracklist or not. That way people like Fatlimey would know which mixes to avoid.

I'm not protesting... I just hope this doesn't dissuade too many people from making submissions at all - some of my favourite mixes on this site did not list their tracks. This rule will surely only stop people from uploading here; it won't directly inspire anyone all-of-a-sudden to share something they made. The people who are discouraged by this rule, amongst others, are likely to be those who dedicate a lot of time to crate-digging. So we could miss out on a valuable tranche of contributions... valuable from a purely musical perspective - not valuable from a tracklist-y perspective. A tag system indicating the presence of a tracklist would be more tolerant.

Just my two-cents... this isn't my forum... if you think this rule will have a beneficial effect, I don't expect you to be swayed by what I've said.

I don't expect/want a tracklist when I see someone at a club. I expect a tracklist from someone (that I don't know) that wants 60 minutes of my time at home or in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    I don't expect/want a tracklist when I see someone at a club. I expect a tracklist from someone (that I don't know) that wants 60 minutes of my time at home or in the car.
    If you choose not to listen to something because it has no tracklist, I don't see how this hurts anyone. On the other hand, if you prohibit them from sharing it, then people like myself can potentially miss out on high-quality content.

I'd be interested to see an explanation of why this blanket ruling situation is superior to having a checkbox that must be ticked if there is no tracklist included.

I don't see why posting a tracklist is a hinderance to posting a mix. I used to think that keeping my records secret was a big deal. Now I realize that I should be flattered that someone likes what I like and chooses to buy something based on what they heard from my mix. (and turn them on to new labels and producers)

Share your gold. The DJTT community will be better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    I don't see why posting a tracklist is a hinderance to posting a mix. I used to think that keeping my records secret was a big deal. Now I realize that I should be flattered that someone likes what I like and chooses to buy something based on what they heard from my mix.
    So, before you had this realization, you wouldn't have shared your mixes here? Or at least, if you were a member of other forums with different rules, you would feel more inclined to share them there, rather than here.

That is my whole point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanz the joiner View Post
    So, before you had this realization, you wouldn't have shared your mixes here? Or at least, if you were a member of other forums with different rules, you would feel more inclined to share them there, rather than here.

That is my whole point.
    I came to this realization long before I started posting mixes on the internet.

I'm 42. I started cutting up tapes for mixes when I was 13.

This is the internet. There are no more secrets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast