Kontrol S2 Mic engage

Default Kontrol S2 Mic engage

Hi,

I'm working at a school right now and got a guy who is interested in learning how to DJ work with Traktor. He told me that he wants to play hip hop / rap music / loops and wants to use a microphone and rap to what is being played.

The S2 has a mic input, but I never used it. As far as I know, you have to press the engage button to hear the microphone signal, but if he wants to freestyle it is a bit, erm, unpractical if he has to press the button all the time.

Is there a way to "auto engage", so the mic is turned on the whole time?

There is a mixer where we could plug in the microphone, but it would be nice to route every signal through Traktor, so I can record it for him and he can listen to his own stuff. I think that would be quite exciting for him, because he has never done something like this before (he just played in the school band before).

I hope there is a way.

Thanks in advance!

Schallgestalt

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You guys will need an extra audio interface with at least one audio input that you're gonna route your mic signal you the computer.
    Then check your Traktor preferences and select both channels for the deck you wish to route a mic in to. Just make sure that deck is set to Live Input.