Problem with multiple USB connections on Traktor

Default Problem with multiple USB connections on Traktor

Hey guyz,

I've been grappling with this issue forever, and I have tried all possible solutions to no avail

I'm using a windows laptop with 4 USB ports; 3 on the right and one on its left side. I got a USB audio interface and a number of midi controllers like MF 3D, Twister and Launchpad. So I bought this little guy-D-Link DUB-H7 USB hub-and connected my devices to it. But I always have trouble working with Traktor. There's always onething going wrong and most probably the software crashes. This usually happens when I click buttons from different devices at the same time. And from what I've found the MF 3D is the most problematic. I get glitches and pops....

any ideas, solutions?

Also interested in this, once used a powered USB hub and it fried my motherboard, luckily i happend to have another Macbook with me (fun fact: in contrast to the late 2013 model the 2008 unibody mac IS protected to 10 volts on the USB input and will only temporary shutdown). So if anybody had good (powered) USB-hub recommendations (I need 6 Inputs) I'll be glad to hear them.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

I've always used Plugable brand hubs in the studio and live and never had a single issues with any of them. Not sure if a new hub is what you need, but it's the first place I would start. Maybe try and check if your current hub has a firmware update, or a driver you need too.

Quote Originally Posted by Phreddixeous View Post
    any ideas, solutions?
    Have you tried running your audio interface into a USB slot on the laptop and your controllers into the hub?
    The D-Link is a good hub & has been recommended on here quite a lot so I doubt that's the cause.
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Have you tried running your audio interface into a USB slot on the laptop and your controllers into the hub?
    The D-Link is a good hub & has been recommended on here quite a lot so I doubt that's the cause.

This is what I'm currently doing. The interface is using a separate slot, and the hub is another.
    I checked everything---except for using a different computer.
    I'll try that---although even the thought of moving all the data to another system is already haunting me.

Thanx everyone for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith View Post
    I've always used Plugable brand hubs in the studio and live and never had a single issues with any of them. Not sure if a new hub is what you need, but it's the first place I would start. Maybe try and check if your current hub has a firmware update, or a driver you need too.

Have u tried controlling Traktor FXs with MF 3D---especially when the gyroscope is mapped to a parameter?

This is when everything would definitely go wrong.