Mobile layout
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile layout

Default Mobile layout

What happened?? How do I switch to the old layout or even desktop? Do not really like this layout TBH.

Edit: You can switch to desktop inside chrome by enabling "request Desktop version" inside the standard options menu.
    Last edited by DJDoubleYou; 10-07-2015 at 05:09 PM.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

I'm not a fan of the new mobile forum layout either (iOS Safari), and it seems there's no option to go to desktop version.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

If you are using iOS 9 you can hold down the refresh arrow and it will give you the option to request the desktop version. It might be on the share button on iOS 8, can't recall right now.

Since neither of you are big fans of it, do you have any other sites with a mobile layout you are happy with? The desktop version doesn't really work in our opinion for smaller screens so we are after a way to improve this.
    Last edited by padi_04; 10-08-2015 at 09:53 AM.

Hey Padi, thanks for the tip. I actually figured it out here for iOS 8. I can't seem to think of any other mobile sites to refer you to but, I do have a couple suggestions that might be appreciated here..

IMHO, it would be helpful to break it up a little visually.. Maybe a strategic splash of color would do the trick. It just seems that everything kinda looks the same and my eyes have to work harder when scrolling. Also, the boxes are so large that I only get 2-3 threads on my screen at once, which is part of this issue too.

Personally, I would like if the sticky thread boxes were filled lightly with yellow to highlight them and make them stand out from the normal threads. Or, if "Sticky:" were red, that would help.

Another thing is consistency.. It's fine on my tablet (Android/Chrome) but, on my iPhone, some threads have more space between the title and the content preview. This results in larger boxes, extra scrolling, and just a scattered kind of feel for me. Also, some sticky threads show as "Sticky: Title", where others have a line break between. Perhaps it would be best to have the line break on all sticky:/moved:/poll: etc threads.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    The desktop version doesn't really work in our opinion for smaller screens so we are after a way to improve this.
    While I personally never really had a problem on my phone, I understand this move. However, I feel that it went too far in the other direction in terms of size/visibility.

Keep in mind, I'm no designer, I'm no coder, I'm no expert.. Just trying to enjoy the forum I appreciate the opportunity to share my opinions on the topic. Also, just a side note, probably 95% of my DJTT forum time is on my phone.

Looks good to me.
    A 'Jump to unread/last post' link would be cool.
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    A 'Jump to unread/last post' link would be cool.
    +1

Yhea I thought about it for a little while, my first reaction to the new mobile layout was that i wanted the old mobile layout back, but since it seems that there never was one it appears the desktop version just works very well on my 5,5 inch screen.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Mentor

great to have a mobile layout...

I used to struggle (but successfully) use the desktop theme on my android mobiles over the years.

this just makes it so much simpler, quicker, and easier to use.

was going to post a new thread, when I saw this ongoing thread.

I wish i could pick the page of the thread...or am i missing something?
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Any way of going to "New Posts" or "unread posts" in the new mobile layout?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast