Can not upgrade CDJ 900NXS firmware

Default Can not upgrade CDJ 900NXS firmware

Hello,

I am expierencing a very strange issue with my cdj900 nexus.

I already played music from usb and that worked fine. Now I wanted to connect the CDJs to my traktor and macbook but in order to do that I first wanted to upgrade the CDJ firmware. Now it is only at 1.20.

So I did everything as Pioneer states on their website, but my CDJ keep standing at this: Connect USB storage device into top USB port.

I have tried 3 different USB sticks, they are fat or fat32. I only copy or extract the files (no folder) and there's nothing on them except the files. Files have same name, sizes...
    So I really don't know what to try now and it really buggers me since I want to play.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by margauxjerome View Post
    Hello,

I am expierencing a very strange issue with my cdj900 nexus.

I already played music from usb and that worked fine. Now I wanted to connect the CDJs to my traktor and macbook but in order to do that I first wanted to upgrade the CDJ firmware. Now it is only at 1.20.

So I did everything as Pioneer states on their website, but my CDJ keep standing at this: Connect USB storage device into top USB port.

I have tried 3 different USB sticks, they are fat or fat32. I only copy or extract the files (no folder) and there's nothing on them except the files. Files have same name, sizes...
    So I really don't know what to try now and it really buggers me since I want to play.

Any suggestions?

redo the firmware upgrade? try that again. i think you're supposed to format your flash drive BEFORE you put the firmware files on your USB drive as well. i haven't done mine yet because i'm afraid of this problem and i use mine every weekend now with wedding season and such. let me know how it goes

i think there's a video on the net from pioneer that shows how to do it. i remember when i upgraded mine to 1.21 i was shitting my pants and had a controller ready to go in case it didn't work. just follow the steps thoroughly as if you have no idea, take your time, and it should work. check out the video though