Aira tr8, mx1 mixer separate track channel recordig help needed
    Tech Student

Default Aira tr8, mx1 mixer separate track channel recordig help needed

Hello,
    I seem to be very lost with recording tr8 tracks through the aira mx1 mixer channels.
    Is it possible to assigign for example the tr8 kicks snares hats etc to different channels on the mx-1?
    Reason is i want to run my mx-1 to my ableton so i could record tr8 sounds seperatley to new tracks on ableton on windows8 and i also have my system1 connected to mx1 but that one does not need more than one channel so it is fine. But the problem starts when i try to sepperate the tr8 sounds to different channels... i cant find any good solution for that through the manuals and guides online. Also i am quite a beginner with hardware stuff.i am hoping some of you have this figured out how to record tr8 sounds seperatley and hopefully able to use system1 and or other hgear along side for easy recordig.
    If the mx1 does not allow it for what ever reason what other options i have? Maybe i should change the mx1 for a soundcard?

Tech Mentor

you can use ableton's internal mixer by connecting you aira products in via usb. however, you're going to need to compensate for the delay time that you will face.

if you want to use your mx-1 as a mixer, you're going to have to use the output A/B (both are mono) on your TR-8. you can assign the two outs in any combination possible, however you are only limited to the two outs of A/B.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015