Kingston SE9s and CDJs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kingston SE9s and CDJs

I don't use CDJs but I keep a couple of dedicated SE9s for emergencies with some useful playlists. I was in the radio studio testing out some equipment I built and tested with my USBs in their CDJs (figured it would also be a good opportunity to try one out before I had to use one in anger). They started playing fine but then freaked out half way through a track. Apparently they have done this to other people using Kingston USBs, but they play fine with other brands.

Is it just these CDJs acting up (they badly need a service) or is this a known issue? Should I replace my USBs with a different brand?

Tech Mentor

Those are dog slow. I bought a couple, total waste of money. Terrible in CDJs, they barely stream data fast enough to work at all.

If you want good value and super compact sticks, go with the Sandisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0. Even if you don't have USB 3, they're still faster than the older 2.0 versions.

Kingston just makes shite thumb drives, hard drives, and memory. Def throw them out and grab some sandisk. I have the usb 3.0 keychain sized sandisk (the model numbers have been rubbed off from use). I love them. They are super quick, small, and hold 8gb each.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Thanks. I'll look into it and relegate the SE9s to boot drives and stuff.

I always just buy Sandisk, although a few weeks ago one of the sticks did not work in the CDJ which sucked. Good thing I had 2 extras for backup.

I use SE9s all the time. No problems. You guys talk a lot of shut.

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    I use SE9s all the time. No problems. You guys talk a lot of shut.
    Liar

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Liar
    I only use 320K mp3s and I've never had an issue with CDJs and Rekordbox.

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    I only use 320K mp3s and I've never had an issue with CDJs and Rekordbox.
    hmmmm. Maybe thats my issue. Never used rekordbox when I had my se9's
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

Speed is EVERYTHING when it comes to Rekordbox media, and even by USB 2.0 standards the SE9s are a pig.

Browsing, loading, and especially transferring to the sticks will be a far more pleasurable experience with countless other options.

http://usb.userbenchmark.com/Kingsto...GB/Rating/1402

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast