Using Traktor and Ableton with S5

Default Using Traktor and Ableton with S5

Hello; I'm new to the forums so forgive me if this is a dupe or misfiled.

I am exploring my new Traktor S5, and I'm running into issues using it with Ableton. It looks like I may have to get an external sound interface to get to the two programs playing together nicely.

Has anyone else gotten Traktor and Ableton working together when using the S5's 'internal' sound card?

Thanks

Default Update on S5 / Traktor / Ableton

Hello again,

I've made some progress with integration -- right now I'm simply using distinct audio pathways for Live and Traktor and using an external mixer. Not great, but I can focus on getting MIDI sync working.

Yes, the S5 appears to be really limited for taking non-Traktor inputs. I'm hoping to make some headway with a composite audio device so I can continue to output my 'final mix' to the S5's soundcard output, which actually sounds quite good.

Default s5

how do you like your s5 I was torn between choosing the s5 or s8 I'm new to djing so figured s8 would be overwhelming also if I get good enough and need improved workflow for stems and remix decks I figure I could buy a midi fighter twister and map it to stem and remix decks