S8 Traktor and Ableton with external sound card.
    Tech Wizard

Default S8 Traktor and Ableton with external sound card.

Hello!

When i had my old setup (Z2, X1mk2, F1 and one MF classic and MF3d) i was using ableton for risers and one shots using my Mfclassic. I had an external sound card connected to the Z2s Mic so i can change the volume on a knob.

Now I'm using a S8 and the two midifighters but i can't connect the soundcard.
    I need all four decks in traktor so i can't use it like "live input".

Is there any other way? Is there a way i can remap a slider or any knob?

cheers!

Considering this statement from NI:

Quote Originally Posted by Native Instruments View Post
    How are the mic inputs routed to the mixer? I can see the Mic 1 and 2 buttons under the Master Knob, but I can’t see how they hit different channels. If I activate a mic do I get to control it with EQ, or do I need to route it through a virtual Traktor deck?
    This is a two-part answer as the MIC buttons have two functions.
    When you press and release a MIC button, it toggles the associated Mic Input (on the rear panel) on and off. The Mic will end up overriding the input on one of the mixer channels, meaning the mic will be controllable with the mixer channel including the Gain, EQ, Filter, Channel Volume, and Crossfader controls.
    When you press and HOLD the MIC button, you can then change the channel assignment for the Mic. When you power-on the unit, MIC 1 is set to Channel C and MIC 2 is set to Channel D by default. If you hold MIC 1, you can then press the TRAKTOR Button to assign it to that channel—the valid assignments will be dim green. The TRAKTOR button that is off indicates that the other Mic is already assigned to that channel.
    This system works in both standalone and in TRAKTOR modes. In standalone mode, the Mic will override the analog input of the channel (the Phono/Line input on the back panel). When in TRAKTOR mode, the Mic will cause the associated Deck to automatically switch to Live Input Deck, meaning that the Mic will go through TRAKTOR’s mixer including Gain, EQ, Filter, FX, Channel Volume, Crossfader, and also the Mix Recorder.
    Turning the Mic off will cause the Deck to flip back to its previous flavor.
    I think that connecting an external source to the S8 without losing a deck is a no-go.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Mentor

You could do it the other way around: Traktor->Live->A/D-Converter(S8)

Additionally you'll want to unmap one knob in Traktor and map it to the volume of your riser channel in Live.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    Considering this statement from NI:

I think that connecting an external source to the S8 without losing a deck is a no-go.
    ...im afraid thats true!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tilldrop View Post
    You could do it the other way around: Traktor->Live->A/D-Converter(S8)

Additionally you'll want to unmap one knob in Traktor and map it to the volume of your riser channel in Live.
    like on deck C, i will never use Stems on that deck therefore i can use the four sliders.. (or like ONE to map to Master volume in Ableton)

There must be any way to remap the damn thing!

I tryed to put the S8 in midi mode and tried that way, i don't always need to change the volume in ableton, and those times i can go to midi mode on the S8 but no luck..

Tech Wizard

btw, when i select S8 as the sound card in Ableton it works, but then i need to have change the volume all the time if the gain is higher than the master volume..

Tech Mentor

Sounds like you need to read this: http://djtechtools.com/2015/09/08/tr...ne-controller/

If it were me I would use a remix deck for risers and one shots, that would make life simpler.
    Xone DB4 | Pioneer DDJ-SP1 | DJ Tech CDJ 101 (x2) | Serato DJ
    NI X1 MKII | NI Scratch A6 | MF Twister | Traktor Pro 2
    Sennheiser HD 25 II | KRK Rokit 5 (x2) | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    Mixed In Key 8 | MusicBrainz Picard | Mixxx 2

Tech Wizard

Im so limited with only 4x2 rows on my S8.. I use a full drum rack 4x4 with my MFc and another drum rack for my mf3d, my own "insta gratification" mapping AND ableton on ny Mf3d.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rob2192 View Post
    Sounds like you need to read this: http://djtechtools.com/2015/09/08/tr...ne-controller/

If it were me I would use a remix deck for risers and one shots, that would make life simpler.

YOU ARE A FUCKING SAINT! if you want i can carry your children!! That article did the trick! Now i "remaped" one of the small fader to ableton Master volume! I can't thank you enough!