Pulse Locker

Thread: Pulse Locker

Default Pulse Locker

Anyone had experience with streaming media services liek this one which will be tied into serato. I am not a serato user, but I am intrigued. How does this affect performance? How many venues actually have wifi where you play? Does this justify the monthly subscription cost and the extra data plan on your phone to connect?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I've found most venues I've played in have wifi unless it's a warehouse type party, so it could be useful for open format DJs I guess.

We do a lot of desert parties out here. All of the club venues out here have wifi. I am wondering how streaming music services such as these will benefit the community as a whole.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Wish I could see the site. It's not even up.

Tech Convert

Super excited to try this out, fantastic idea.

Years ago when I was playing a lot of house parties with multiple people sharing the same decks I'd have gotten a lot of mileage from this. However now I fear the price will be to high for me to pay just to fill a couple of requests every other week.

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Anyone had experience with streaming media services liek this one which will be tied into serato. I am not a serato user, but I am intrigued. How does this affect performance? How many venues actually have wifi where you play? Does this justify the monthly subscription cost and the extra data plan on your phone to connect?
    As I understand it, once implemented in Serato you'll be able to prep everything beforehand such that when you go to your show all the tracks from pulselocker you want will be cached locally for your use.

Of course, streaming that on the fly track that the bridesmaid/drunkard demands would require wifi; but I think it's worth noting.