React Presents/ Artist Contracts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default React Presents/ Artist Contracts

Hey guys,

I`m from Chicago IL, I'm trying to find out more about React Presents and how they operate. Recently I`ve learned that many clubs have specific contracts for artist when they come into town. For example the Mid, a popular club in Chicago has a very strict artist contract for everyone that plays there.

What are artist contracts usually about? and what makes some so strict?

Also if anyone has any information about react presents I would love to hear about it.

I don't understand what you're looking for....

You want to know about the artist contract between React and any artists they book??

If that's the case it's probably different for each artist that they book. Generally the contract includes the artists hospitality rider, how much they get paid, when they get paid, what equipment the artist requires in the booth, etc.

My contract includes:
    Available Equipment
    Timeslot
    Payment and Method
    Drink compensation
    Travel Compensation
    Hotel Accomodation

Usually promoters and GM's will require a non compete clause to ensure you're only playing at their event that weekend. It's been getting more rare to see tho. (DNB isn't as relevant as it used to be. )
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

React presents owns The Mid, Concord Music Hall, Congress theater, North Coast Music Festival, Spring Awakening and some other stuff I can't think of right now. React is owned by SFX entertainment which pretty much owns the whole EDM scene in America... They are a billion dollar corporation.

Tech Wizard

What I found out is that React has a specific contract with all their artist. It sates that, that artist can not play in any venue without an ok from react itself. This is why react has most if not all of the EDM scene in chicago letting no one else be able to hold a show.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet;734162}\

Usually promoters and GM's will require a non compete clause to ensure you're only playing at their event that weekend. It's been getting more rare to see tho. (DNB isn't as relevant as it used to be. )
    Thats what I was trying to find. You said that it is rare to see, is that just with react or are different club/event promoters still doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nas525 View Post
    Thats what I was trying to find. You said that it is rare to see, is that just with react or are different club/event promoters still doing that?
    It used to be standard but is slowly going away. With companies like circle management standardizing artist contracts and using flight share to bring down trasportation costs, it's just not economically beneficial to the artist anymore. This is not a standard writing from SFX and is only a standard for React on its own.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyv View Post
    React presents owns The Mid, Concord Music Hall, Congress theater, North Coast Music Festival, Spring Awakening and some other stuff I can't think of right now. React is owned by SFX entertainment which pretty much owns the whole EDM scene in America... They are a billion dollar corporation.
    That might not be the case for long. It looks like SFX is starting to sell other parts of their company. Seems like react will be going for sale around $90million.

Let's you me and Kwal partner up and buy it.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyv View Post
    Let's you me and Kwal partner up and buy it.
    Even if I had the money it would`t be worth buying it. I`d rather see other companies bring new events to Chicago

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast