Traktor S2 and Maschine Mikro - What are my options?
    Tech Convert

Question Traktor S2 and Maschine Mikro - What are my options?

Hey guys!

Looking for some feed back here.. I have Traktor s2 MK2 and I'm looking to implement my Maschine Mikro MK2 into my DJ rig. I've seen the CTC mapping aka this one but I'm not sure how well the two jive together. I'm running just the basic mapping on my S2 from NI.

Any suggestions? I'd really love to have the freeze effects just on my s2 but run the other stuff on my maschine. Are there other mappings that I haven't explored that anyone could recommend?

Look forward to hearing from ya'll!

AJ

---
    Soundcloud.com/WUMBODJ
    SOUNDCLOUD.com/HUMPDAYOFFICAL
    Country Roads, Take Me Home.

Tech Convert

So I'm gonna bump this post rather than repost a new one because I still have this question! Has no one ever done this setup before?
    Country Roads, Take Me Home.

Hey AJ. I've never really paid too much attention to what's out there for Mikro maps. I have a full-sized MK2 though, and it definitely makes for a great FX controller. Also, the tactile playability of hotcues is really nice.

You shouldn't have any issues running the CTC map alongside the S2, aside from redundancy. I would go ahead and download it, have a go with it for awhile and figure out what works for you and what doesn't.

I strongly recommend getting into mapping yourself, it's not so difficult once you wrap your head around a few core concepts. This will allow you to dial in exactly what you need from each of your controllers and make any changes you wish at any time.

Tech Convert

I use CTC mapping for Mikro Mk2, It works very well... especially for FX!

Tech Wizard

A secondary controller is a brilliant time to start learning to do your own mappings - go forth and create exactly what you want!