S4 Mk1 - Considering Macbook buy - which/why/any issues?
    Tech Guru

Default S4 Mk1 - Considering Macbook buy - which/why/any issues?

Evening all, not posted for a while, hope all good with everyone.

Due to some general f'k-wittery concerning my (just about) existing Win7 laptop dying on me this evening, several times, I'm now considering ditching and getting a Macbook - not for any Win vs MacOS reasons; I also use Logic X on an iMac, so it makes sense.

I tend to use the S4 Mk1 for a lot of broadcasting, but I need to be clear what possible issues there are outside of what is stipulated by NI as the requirements to run on a Macbook of the current generation, hoping you kind people might give some feedback please?

Thanks in advance
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

I have spinned with a late 2008 coreduo with my S4 MK1 so i think you should be good whatever you choose, though i always recommend just buying macbook's new if you can afford it, these things are way too expensive secondhand.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Guru

Cheers mate, apologies for the delay in replying. I've since bought a refurbished Macbook Pro 13 (Mar '15) and with the latest S4 Mk1 drivers it works fine, so all good.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.