5-pin din MIDI only hardware mixer?
    Tech Mentor

Default 5-pin din MIDI only hardware mixer?

are there any midi only mixer style controllers that can run 100% using 5-pin din MIDI cables?

Lack of USB ports on my laptop, and the ports are already part of an internal hub.
    No external hub will work, without randomly crashing due to data bottlenecks.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by djrickdawson View Post
    are there any midi only mixer style controllers that can run 100% using 5-pin din MIDI cables?

Lack of USB ports on my laptop, and the ports are already part of an internal hub.
    No external hub will work, without randomly crashing due to data bottlenecks.
    Mixers: Behinger DDM4400, Allen and Heath 4d, Pioneer DJM800, 900, 2k spring to mind.

Controller only - Faderfox, Novation UC33,
    Last edited by deevey; 10-26-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Tech Mentor

its for Ableton live.
    I have an Allen&Heath Xone:4D which is the final mix of everything plus Ableton live.

I suppose its kinda like when Paul van Dyk used a 4D for live performance.

Tech Wizard

Friend of mine has an Electrix Tweaker, its a pretty impressive little controller as far as build quality is concerned. If I didn't have a DJM on hand already I'd probably buy one.

They're currently on sale for $100 with a case on Amazon, pretty good deal if you just need a MIDI mixer.

You can run it standalone from the 5 pin MIDI ports if needed, you will however need a USB cable to power it. Just use an iPhone charging brick or any other USB phone charger to provide power without connecting it to your computer.

link: http://www.electrixpro.com/product/live9/