Midi clock issues

Default Midi clock issues

So ill get straight to it.
    For a long time I've been running ableton next to traktor pro2 via the internal midi clock on a MacBook Pro. This so I can use the sequencer from ableton, which is controlled by my ableton push.

This afternoon however I tried implementing my bass station. Everything worked fine until I tried midi mapping certain parameters on the bass station.

Somehow, somewhere after this something screwed up. And now the midi clock (I think) doesn't work properly anymore.

Everytime I now open traktor it works just fine, but as soon as I open ableton and click the external midi button, traktor goes nuts. It glitches and slightly later ableton notifies me that the midi signal has been lost. I tried installing everything over again and even reinstalled a complete time machine backup of last week. Nothing seems to work.

Help would be gladly appreciated

Setup

Mbp 2011
    Ableton 9
    Traktor pro2
    Ableton push
    X1
    F1
    Novation bass station 2
    Machine micro mk1
    Focus rite sound card

Tech Mentor elohyspoissonpilote's Avatar

The onluy time something similar happened to me, I found that the buffer latebcy time as differently set in traktor and ableton. One was 256ms, the other one 512. It happend one time with the same kingd of stuff, with the sampling frequency. one was set to 480000 , hte other one on 44100. In the two cases, ableton and traktor were sharing the same soundcard.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by elohyspoissonpilote View Post
    The onluy time something similar happened to me, I found that the buffer latebcy time as differently set in traktor and ableton. One was 256ms, the other one 512. It happend one time with the same kingd of stuff, with the sampling frequency. one was set to 480000 , hte other one on 44100. In the two cases, ableton and traktor were sharing the same soundcard.
    So setting the same buffer settings ended up solving your issue 100%? I still find i have to tweak the settings

Tech Mentor

Hi ,i think your novation send midi as master like ableton
    Last edited by dj wo k; 12-09-2016 at 12:05 PM.
    A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k