Native Instruments Abandoning DVS System?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Native Instruments Abandoning DVS System?

Does anyone here think NI are abandoning the DVS users? Do you think they are getting away from it? So I have two technics with a traktor Z2. What direction should I go either pioneer or serato or should I wait? Can't really afford the pioneer upper models. I can pay atleast $1000 for a good mixer.

1.) No.
    2.) No.
    3.) Why do you even need to change your setup?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

NI are shifting Traktor into a live production/DJ hybrid program (in my opinion) but I have no doubt that DVS on Traktor will stay whatever else they do with Traktor. Stick with what you've got and don't worry about it.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

http://www.native-instruments.com/de...digital-vinyl/

--> No...

If you need a new mixer, let us know what features / characteristics you are looking for and the community will definitely help you find that mixer.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Seeing that the S8 is DVS compatible and the new Rane MP2015 got certified I really don't see them abandoning it anytime soon. It doesn't make much sense for CDJs since you get HID on the modern ones but there will always be a place for DVS as long as scratch DJs use it. Vinyl has been making a comeback in the past few years so if anything this makes more people have TTs and broadens the potential DVS customers.

Not sure what you are after in a new mixer but if you need a 4ch certified one at a lower price point check the Denon DN-X1600 ($999) or DN-X1700 ($1300-1400). Alternatively, you can get one of the older certified Pio mixers or score a decent deal on a used one.
    Last edited by padi_04; 11-12-2015 at 10:19 AM.

Tech Wizard

I've been rocking a Denon Dn-x1600 for the past couple years and I can tell ya Its the piece of gear that i love the most in everything i own... Just works flawlessly ! i bought it used and its still going as strong as the first day I had it.

In the beginning i wanted a Pionneer but Just couldn't afford them... and Traktkor certified on all 4 channels !

Tech Mentor

I always thought a 4 channel upgrade to the Z2 could be a great addition to NI lineup
    Jackal Jyve // New York City // @JackalJyve // www.JackalJyve.com

I just want a Z4 so people can say "Z4 I got this mixer...."

Please don't ban me Z4 that pun. I have other redeeming qualities!

lol at the Z4 pun

In all honesty, there isn't enough of a market for a 4 channel version of the Z2. This is mainly due to Traktor's compatibility with so many other 4 channel mixers lready on the market (including he industry standard DJM's).

NI will never abandon DVS users. Don't worry.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

Mate you have a great setup, unless it's causing you any problems just enjoy it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast