What controller for using Premiere Pro?
    Tech Wizard

Default What controller for using Premiere Pro?

I have started using Adobe Premiere Pro at my job and would like a controlsurface. The program supports Mackie and Eucon but they cost massive and the layouts arent satisfying.

What I want is a large jog/encoder for searching through video and soundclips with high accuracy. I want a few short-keys located and mayve som faders aswell.

What controller can I find that is relativly small (size of an Ipad more or less). That has asignable keys a large encoder or jogwheel with high resolution and not to expensive.

I have looked at the Behringer CMD PL-1 but have doubts about the jogwheel resolution (I have a LC-1 and the encoders on that is not with a very god resolution).

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by DJJJ View Post
    I have started using Adobe Premiere Pro at my job and would like a controlsurface. The program supports Mackie and Eucon but they cost massive and the layouts arent satisfying.

What I want is a large jog/encoder for searching through video and soundclips with high accuracy. I want a few short-keys located and mayve som faders aswell.

What controller can I find that is relativly small (size of an Ipad more or less). That has asignable keys a large encoder or jogwheel with high resolution and not to expensive.

I have looked at the Behringer CMD PL-1 but have doubts about the jogwheel resolution (I have a LC-1 and the encoders on that is not with a very god resolution).
    Jog wheel encoders are a much higher resolution than encoder knobs with thousands not hundreds of pulses per revolution for finer control.

Quote Originally Posted by DJJJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Jog wheel encoders are a much higher resolution than encoder knobs with thousands not hundreds of pulses per revolution for finer control.
    +1
    You can also look for Denon SC-2000. If I remember correctly, has 2048 pulses per revolution (have no idea about PL-1 but it should be similar)
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    +1
    You can also look for Denon SC-2000. If I remember correctly, has 2048 pulses per revolution (have no idea about PL-1 but it should be similar)
    +1, much better build than the Behringer and only around $100 on eBay currently.