Best Macbook Pro 2015 specs for ableton?
    Tech Student

Default Best Macbook Pro 2015 specs for ableton?

I apologize if this is a repost question!

I'm currently using a mid-2011 13" macbook pro, and am wanting to upgrade to a newer 2015 model (15" or 13" will do). I was wondering what would be the ideal specs to buy, that isn't a maxed out Macbook pro. basically, i'm wondering what would be a really good rig, that isn't the biggest baddest thing i can buy off apple's website(I don't have unlimited money!), but is something that will last me for years, and be able to take anything I may do in ableton live.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Get a refurb and save yourself a bundle. Get any of the 13' or 15' retina's with as much ram as is available and as much SSD as necessary.

All the refurbs carry the full warranty, IMHO have actually been "properly" checked AFTER leaving the factory and are eligible for Applecare.

Tech Convert

Agree^^

I say go with the 13" refurb if you can find one.

Good luck!

Default My specs

I have a late 2012 15" model with Retina display, a quad core i7 2.3 Intel cpu, 16 gigs ram and a TB solid state drive. I have NEVER bogged down my cpu. I never bounce down audio either. It's no thing for me to have 20 VSTs running in ableton with a movie downloading at the same time. Really a powerhouse and I paid 1700 for it 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Djbaberuthless View Post
    I have a late 2012 15" model with Retina display, a quad core i7 2.3 Intel cpu, 16 gigs ram and a TB solid state drive. I have NEVER bogged down my cpu. I never bounce down audio either. It's no thing for me to have 20 VSTs running in ableton with a movie downloading at the same time. Really a powerhouse and I paid 1700 for it 2 years ago.
    Sounds good