Building CDJ, Studio Monitor, and Laptop stands- just bought the supplies... [PICS] - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    Not a major factor (not even sure it's measureable), but in theory wrapping wires containing an alternating signal around a ferrous core creates a inductor, which resists the signal from travelling. Best to zip-tie or velcro the wires down the pipes in a straight line.

Nice use of pipe fittings. Any ideas on how to add angled tables to the top ends? Something using triangles of wood or bent iron angle brackets fixed to a flat platform?

Hmm bent iron brackets sounds good, thanks for the idea. I will fix the wires if it becomes an issue so far I haven't noticed anything but did think about that, also having the power next to the signal had me a little concerned but it's such a short run.

Right now I want to do one long flat plateform with a back to it to make a booth like hutch sort of thing. That would leave the CDJs flat though so to angle them I would need to make another contraption which would get complicated. I'm waiting to see what the deal with these two other stands I found on craigslist is.

You should be looking for something along these lines.

whatever, all finished and snagged a sweet Sefour CDJ stand for $60, saved $150 and a lot of work.

That looks awesome man.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

why.... just why... haha im so jealous!

Thank you. I still need to get a large drill bit to cut a hole for wires. I'm also thinking about turning the table around so it is against my window since I can't really DJ looking out into my living room- not enough space for parties. That would also hide the less attractive backside of the equipment and wires.

Tech Convert

so why do you have 4 cdj's, 2 xone 1d's and a 4d? can you do 12 deck mixing? or atleast 8 deck mixing? Id like to see that

what material is the desktop and i take it those are bolts through the bottom base of the speakerstand into the desktop?

i see that small base vs the height and where the weight of the speakers are vs the strength of the desktop material potentially being problem but that's just from looking at those pics.

Tech Student

If you do the pipe style stands one thing I've done in the past is to grind out a slot down past the threads of the pipe big enough for any cables to slide into, it takes a little more time to assemble/disassemble but the end look is really clean : )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12