Vcm600

Thread: Vcm600

Tech Wizard

Default Vcm600

Seriously looking into buying one, so if any1 would like to share thoughts, experiences with it, bad things/good things...please do

Well, I had the pleasure of reviewing one, but for me it was an overrated experience.
    Too much money for too little.

Sure built quality was awesome, sure the faders felt great, but somehow it kept missing out on something. (And send me crying back for my BCR!)

But hey, that's me.

If you want to go and buy one, try it out before purchasing. Only you should be the judge when deciding to buy the controller!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

Well, my main thing with this is the layout which is like a mixer & the build quality that u mentioned...I prefer it laid out like a mixer. Could u please remember what was missing?

It's the overall look and feel when operating, that was a bit of a let down for me.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

Well, Tekki, 10x for replying...any1 else maybe?

I have one and I'm very happy with it. As mentioned already, the build quality is very good. I also like the way the lay-out looks like a mixer. Keep in mind that the knobs in the mixer area (EQ, filter, sends) are a little bit close to eachother. I have the filter and send knobs mapped as FX, so when I'm using multiple knobs at a time, it can get a bit crowded, but definately not unbearable.
    Overall, I'm very pleased with the mixer. Although I got it for a bargain (500 euro for a showroom model, never used), the 800 euro they're asking for it at the moment is fair for what you get I think.
    It really depends on what you're looking for. I was looking for a mixer with a lot of midi functions, or a midi-controller with a mixer lay-out. My choice was between a Korg Zero4 or the Vestax VCM-600. I heard that there were a lot of problems with the DSP chips in the Zero4, and because I was not afraid of going fully digital, I went with the VCM-600 and haven't regretted it one bit...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

basically agree with everything Dennis said

everything
    fart.

I have been dieing to play with a VCM-600 would love to get my hands on one !

Tech Wizard

Very nice description there Dennis, 10x...my motives for buying one are pretty much the same as yours...