New DJM-900NXS2 leak - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Just because the signal is in the red doesn't mean the sound is distorted and he's clipping like crazy. Pioneer mixers have a ton of headroom and proper club systems are setup to where you can push the mixer that high without having to worry about issues like you would at home with your own set of studio monitors. Technically going into the red is a no no but realistically you can play into the red and you aren't doing any harm if everything is setup the right way. I'm no expert per say, but any of the large clubs I've played at, everyone plays just into the red and I do it as well.
    You are correct (in a way) - if we talk about Pioneer mixers, because of the way they represent the signal strenght on the master output (0db is not on the first yellow VU meter led but waaay up). That's NOT real headroom, just a trick they combined with att. knob or limiter setting in the mixer's menu.

And here we have a result of that marketing - DJ's accustomed to playing in the red (but within reason) on Pioneer mixers and then noob DJ's managing to clip it. Then Pioneer launches this - clip indicator. We can expect on the NXS3 to have another red LED above it that say's "Now you're really clipping the sound". But, this all is old news.

On the good side, looking forward to hear how the new EQ freq are distributed.

EDIT: well fuck me sideways and call me granpa - it's my 1000th post.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    You are correct (in a way) - if we talk about Pioneer mixers, because of the way they represent the signal strenght on the master output (0db is not on the first yellow VU meter led but waaay up). That's NOT real headroom, just a trick they combined with att. knob or limiter setting in the mixer's menu.

And here we have a result of that marketing - DJ's accustomed to playing in the red (but within reason) on Pioneer mixers and then noob DJ's managing to clip it. Then Pioneer launches this - clip indicator. We can expect on the NXS3 to have another red LED above it that say's "Now you're really clipping the sound". But, this all is old news.

On the good side, looking forward to hear how the new EQ freq are distributed.

EDIT: well fuck me sideways and call me granpa - it's my 1000th post.
    Happy 1000

Clipping the mixer is bad form and always has been. You may not notice it with house and techno, but with DNB you can def hear when a DJ is slamming that limiter, especially when mixing multiple tunes at once. I can't count the amount of times I've turned down channel gains and subtractive eq'ed for people running my shit in the red.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

everyone is going off about the new CDJ's, but the real winner from this announcement is the DJM900nxs2

This is also the first top of the line gear pioneer has put out since being sold to that hedge fund company about 1 year ago. will be interesting to see how it holds over the years.

I won't be buying these for our nightclub any time soon tho. The canadian dollar is absolute shit right now. Would cost me over $9000 for 2 CDJ's & a mixer with current exchange rate

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dsquareddan View Post
    Would cost me over $9000 for 2 CDJ's & a mixer with current exchange rate
    might be a while for the Canadian dollar to recover. here in the states, we're starting to experience some deflation, which is going to have some catastrophic effects on the commodities market.

could be a few years till the world sorts it self out.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Quote Originally Posted by dsquareddan View Post
    everyone is going off about the new CDJ's, but the real winner from this announcement is the DJM900nxs2

This is also the first top of the line gear pioneer has put out since being sold to that hedge fund company about 1 year ago. will be interesting to see how it holds over the years.

I won't be buying these for our nightclub any time soon tho. The canadian dollar is absolute shit right now. Would cost me over $9000 for 2 CDJ's & a mixer with current exchange rate
    I agree, I feel like everyone is buzzing about the CDJs and not the DJM...which is a bit weird considering the mixer was the thing to really get a lot of new features while the CDJ was more of just combining XDJ and CDJ with some common sense 'bonus' features that should have been there in the first place.

Definitely going to a local music store to test out the DJM 900 NXS2 and I think it might be enough to get me and purchase brand new just from watching videos of it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345