"i fooled the world into thinking i was a successful edm dj—for an art project" - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm sure her looks helped a little. I'd let her play with my fader.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Dystinct View Post
    I'm sure her looks helped a little. I'd let her play with my fader.
    whoa man, you better backspin that comment. she's a beatport banger, and she should be regarded as such
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Default lol... I think youre a shut-in and Anti social and i AGREE to Disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Killing time View Post
    the take away is that you don't need any talent to be an edm dj. you need business acumen, a network, and a little luck.

which is why when i hear people that go to these edm festivals saying "so and so was SO good" i can't help rolling my eyes

they just spent 100+ dollars to see artists that does not require any real talent for their profession (although there are many very talented artists), and they feel that the experience to see these people alone was worth the transaction.

there is nothing wrong with spending 100+ dollars to go to a festival, as there are other reasons why the festival experience is rewarding. but to see an artist play beat port banger after beat port banger is a waste of money. you can go on soundcloud and have that sonic experience for a fraction of the price.

this is why i refuse to spend more than 20 dollars cover to go to a club.

feel free to disagree.
    lol, i think you fail to see the point that DJs are considered entertainers so yeah... also a place to go and have fun rather than sit at home and talk to your internet friends. Tisk tisk. She didnt fool anyone, people just were there to see main acts and she was just a bonus.. Besides what person doesn't like to hear popular/sing along tunes.. unreal. people like you think their sh*t dont stink.. you hipster MF

Quote Originally Posted by tjr013 View Post
    lol, i think you fail to see the point that DJs are considered entertainers so yeah... also a place to go and have fun rather than sit at home and talk to your internet friends. Tisk tisk. She didnt fool anyone, people just were there to see main acts and she was just a bonus.. Besides what person doesn't like to hear popular/sing along tunes.. unreal. people like you think their sh*t dont stink.. you hipster MF
    what you fail to understand is that the DJ is not an entertainer. He/She is there to play music. Not throw cake or jump around like an ass. No one has a problem with the DJ having a good time. But the "DJ is an entertainer" thing is one of the problems with the current way DJs are percieved.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

and watch with calling people names...nice first post...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Congratulations, you have won the "worst first post on DJTT" award. You have earned it by not understanding the topic, insulting forum members for no apparent reason and of course, for a totally shitty opinion.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Guru

lol, maybe this is her, fooling everybody AGAIN?
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Congratulations, you have won the "worst first post on DJTT" award..
    Nahhh pretty average mate
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Nahhh pretty average mate
    Still, give the man a cookie
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

Besides what person doesn't like to hear popular/sing along tunes.. unreal. people like you think their sh*t dont stink.. you hipster MF
    only when im at taylor swift concerts. and even then, i'll sit in the corner pretending like im not having a good time. but don't let my beard and hyper black shaw fool you.

and besides, keep my body full of probiotic and Peruvian quinoa, so my stool secretes less methane.

scoff.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast