Stewe's MF3D mapping for Remix Decks
    Tech Convert

Default Stewe's MF3D mapping for Remix Decks

Hi all,

I have just received my MidiFighter 3D. And I excitedly plugged it into Traktor (2.10) expecting it to just work. When it didn't, I read the instructions.

I have got it working with the OSX F1 firmware but it isn't brilliant in terms of its responsiveness. And I checked, Quantize is switched off.

So, instead I am using the mapping from Stewe. Which seems to do the trick. Except...the buttons don't really light up. Especially not when compared to the F1 mode.

Am I missing something? Should the midi mapping light up the midifighter?

Thanks in advance, Ed

Tech Convert

I think I have solved the problem. Not sure exactly what the problem was, but I have taken the MF back to factory settings and started again. And the mapping seems to work brilliantly now - it is lit up like a Christmas tree.

What a great (and fun) controller. Good work DJTT!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Awesome!!!
    Nice to hear you have it sorted out now

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Awesome!!!
    Nice to hear you have it sorted out now
    Stewe, I have a couple of extra questions for you if you don't mind....this thing is blowing my mind with how cool it is. But two problems I keep having;

1) The lights do seem to eventually stop working. So as I type the buttons being pressed control the decks, but I have no lights unless I tilt the unit. Could I have done something?

2) When I press start/stop, it stops the sample and re-starts from where it left off. Is there a way for it to re-start at the start of the sample? Would mapping that button to "cue" work?

Thanks, sorry if these are noob questions

Tech Convert

Ah, one more question, how to you start stop an individual sample? Is that possible?

Thanks in advance....

1) Need more input on this mate. Do you see the blue flashing lights Start Up LED sequence when this happens? Mac or PC? Traktor version? Midifighter Firmware version? - also try working with some different USB cable!

2) Made this edit, give it a try: Midi Fighter 3D_Remix Deck C-D_Edit.zip

3) Currently you can't stop individual slots but the Slot Mute can also come in handy if you play with loops. I will see if I can add another layer that allow for Slot/cell stop functionality.

Tech Convert

Hi Stewe,
    I get the start up light sequence. And the MF works exactly as it should with the remix decks. Just no button lights (unless tilting). The only light is the thin button at the top to select deck etc.
    Windows 10, traktor 2.10, latest MF firmware via utility. The lights did work and they just stopped.
    Have tried doing factory reset on the MF and starting again.
    Bit bizarre...

The lights you're seeing while tilting are controlled by hardware so it got nothing to do with MIDI signals that are coming back to the Midifighter. Problem seems to be related to MIDI input at the MF3D.

It seems that the unit was reset ether by some driver conflicts with Windows 10 (which I never heard before) or, there might be problem with USB connection. So far, did you try using some other cables?

Also try the recovery firmware:
    https://techtools.zendesk.com/hc/en-...re-update-MF3D

Tech Convert

Right, I go it working again. Just doing a factory re-set was no good. So the convoluted way I got it going was;

- Flashed with OS-X F1 firmware.
    - Put into Bootloader mode.
    - Flashed using the recovery hex file.
    - Uploaded the standard firmware update.
    - Uploaded the settings for the mapping.

I will keep a close eye on it so if it stops working again, hopefully I will know what (or what I did).

I will also take a look at your edit.

Thanks a lot for all your help with this!

Cool - I'm glad to hear!
    Let me know if everything's ok with the edit TSI.
    I'll keep you posted when it comes to new updates here.