Great. Traktor Z2 mixer dead
    Tech Wizard

Default Great. Traktor Z2 mixer dead

Well I'm on my second Traktor Z2. Their is this large buzzing noise coming from the right channel. Took it to an authorized repair guy who fixes technics 1200's. He also gets NI controllers to fix for Guitar Center (used gear). He said their is something wrong with the mixer. My first Z2 the button got stuck and now this one has an issue. It's out of warranty and so it would cost me $400. Then from the time NI sent out the out of warranty mixer their is a 90 day warranty. So if something else happens then I pay another $400. I don't plan to do any gigs until summer next year. I'm focused more on production. Should I buy a second Z2 or use the one I have now? Then when a new traktor mixer comes out get that? I'd figure to try to get a good deal for black friday. What do you think?

fuck that guy for trying to charge you $400 to repair it man. Total honesty. That's a rip off. Do you have the quote sheet from him saying what the issue is?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Z2

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    fuck that guy for trying to charge you $400 to repair it man. Total honesty. That's a rip off. Do you have the quote sheet from him saying what the issue is?
    Oh no man lol. It's NI who will charge $400 for an out of warranty. I figure if I get a new one on black friday I can get it cheap (plus the one year warranty) or maybe I should just keep this mixer and wait for a new Z2? By having two I can use the one with the messed up right channel to practice and have the new for when I do gigs next year. This issue is when using reglar vinyl their is this loud buzzing noise. When I use it with Traktor it's fine no noise. The repair guy hooked a cable to the right channel and through the headphone jack. He told me it's the mixer.

ditch the Z2, buy an analog mixer for cheap, used traktor soundcard cheap, and an X1 cheap haha more gear, but less cost when something fails (if something fails)

yea i would get rid of the mixer. i had some issues with my z2 and had to have it swapped twice.
    i now own a spare mixer to cover incase it breaks down again. I only bedroom mix, but i was sick of going weeks without mixing.

great mixer but it seems it can be hit and miss with them.